Which companies hire photographers?
How do I become a photographer?
Do you have a good eye for detail and do you love to work creatively? Would you like to become a photographer? Then there are several options open to you to take on your dream job. On the one hand, photo schools or photo academies train you to become a photographer or photo designer in 3 years. On the other hand, you can complete an academic course at a private or state university in 6 to 8 semesters of standard study time. In order to get hold of one of the popular study places, you need to convince with your artistic talent in the form of a portfolio when applying. To do this, you put together various photos, drawings and drafts. With a master’s degree, you then have the option of expanding your knowledge in the field of photography. You then work as an employee, but mostly as a freelancer in your own studio or for various companies.
What does everyday work look like?
The working days of a photographer are usually quite varied. In the following, we present a daily routine for an advertising photographer for whom the realization of a shoe catalog for the autumn / winter season is due.
8:00 a.m.Since you start taking photos in a vineyard, you and your assistant Nadine load the necessary equipment into the rented van and you are on your way.
8:40 a.m.When you arrive at the location, the rest of the team is waiting for you - including the booked model Vanessa. You set up the equipment and concentrate on the first setting. The focus is on the model moving towards you between grapevines.
9:30 a.m.After final arrangements you can start with the recordings. Again and again you give Vanessa short instructions on how she should move or which poses she should perform. Your assistant Nadine checks the photos directly on set with the help of a connected PC. You make a preselection and name the pictures appropriately.
11:30 a.m.Now the focus is solely on the shoes photographed with the model. So that the photos can appear on the same page in the catalog, you use the same location for the recordings. You arrange the first pair on an old wine barrel so that it fits well into the format and looks appealing. While you are working, Nadine supports you in the optimal illumination of the subject.
13:00 'O clockThere is a small lunch break in which you not only have a few small things to eat, but also talk about the next position.
1:30 p.m.You pack your equipment and drive to the next location - a winery. An old large wooden gate, which is bordered by grapevines, forms a perfect background for the model and the boots she is wearing. You photograph several settings.
2:30 p.m.Suddenly the weather changes and the sky closes. As the catalog deadline is getting closer, you have to get through all the planned recordings for today - the time pressure is growing. You quickly position the next pair of shoes on an old bench and drape a plaid blanket over them.
4 p.m.Fortunately, the sun comes out again, so that you can take the last pictures as desired. This time in the adjoining garden.
17:30Back in the office you go through the first pictures and choose the best. You plan to edit the photos for tomorrow.
7:00 p.m.After a long and intensive day at work, you finally go home.
- Mittelreife or Allgemeine Hochschulreife
- Passion for photography & a feeling for aesthetics
- Attention to detail
- Assertiveness & resilience
- Diligence & patience
What does a photographer do?
What are the job prospects?
The photographer's profession is very popular. As a result, you not only have to assert yourself against many other applicants when applying for an apprenticeship or study place, but also later in your job. In addition, there are now many self-taught people who accept jobs for less money. Therefore, the job prospects are to be classified as difficult. So that you can better survive in the market, it helps you to specialize in certain areas at an early stage and to optimize your skills here - for example in advertising or fashion photography.
What qualities should I have?
What specializations are there?
- Creative activity
- Opportunity to work internationally
- Diverse specializations
Did you already know, that ...
- ... the word camera is derived from the Latin term "camera obscura" and means something like "dark chamber"?
- ... the oldest surviving photograph dates from 1826?
- ... photographers in left and right regimes often had to manipulate images for propaganda purposes or to cover up certain events?
- ... the word photography comes from ancient Greek and translates as "drawing with light"?
- ... the image processing was done on the negatives or the photos themselves with airbrush, brushes and special paint before digital photography?
These celebrities are also photographers
Leibovitz is one of the most famous photographers in the world. Her studies in photography and painting should first prepare her for the profession of art teacher. But the photo portfolio submitted to Rolling Stone magazine thwarted their initial plans. As a photographer, she started out in the music scene and can still look back on a number of famous personalities in front of her lens today - for example the Rolling Stones, Yoko Ono and John Lennon as well as Whoopi Goldberg. (Photo: Robert Scoble from Half Moon Bay, USA)
- Who is the best Detroit Pistons player
- At what temperature does bronze melt
- What should I call my autobiography
- Should I use a CDN?
- What more harm does beer or alcohol do
- How ugly can a person be
- What if time were a spatial dimension?
- What are the most brilliant discoveries in history
- Who was the longest serving Marine?
- Why do we go to a supermarket
- What is your worst bullying experience
- What is the paternity DNA test
- What do you eat these days
- What are unique social media marketing ideas
- Is human society and animal society comparable
- How did Mary get to heaven?
- Why do you love Obama as Trump
- What is the most self-sufficient country
- People with Asperger are obsessed with people
- How does gravity work in spacetime
- Why is MLM software used
- What are the top selling blogs
- What is a place in climbing
- What is a really rare personality trait
- Depression causes erectile dysfunction
- How is a schedule set for an NFL team
- Will the Philippines one day outperform Thailand?
- Experience is more important than education
- Why weren't Nazis tried again after World War II
- How often do most people exercise
- What are the implications of the ego
- Hate Serbs from the US
- Christmas is a popular holiday in Russia
- What is the story behind Kalasam Temple