Quora hides grammatically incorrect questions
Do computers make you stupid?
More and more children are coming into contact with computers and the Internet at an early age and are growing up with them. Many young people and adults can no longer imagine their life without digital media and even become dependent on them. Warns of this Brain researcher Manfred Spitzer from the University of Ulm. According to him, it is going down Efficiency of the brain, because computers do the intellectual work for us.
The media educator Stefan Aufenanger does not agree with this thesis: “I defend myself against itto say that the computer did everything badly and everything used to be better. ”He believes that digital media, when used correctly, open up many opportunities to learn something:“ The computer offers more Illustrative material, offers more opportunities to try something out. "
Education researcher Wassilios Fthenakis also warns of one Demonization of digital media: “All the research does not provide any evidence that the media per se damage. It harms the content, it harms the duration and when children use content faced that are not their age correspond". Here see the two educational researchers the parents in responsibility.
If parents have the impression that their son or daughter is spending too much time at the computer, they should talk to their child about it. Just close the computer from the nursery to ban, is not the right way. The education researcher Fthenakis says: "Bans change the situation usually not, sometimes aggravate they even do them. "
Laptop that (from English) – a small computer that you can take with you on the go
Navi, the - Abbreviation for: navigation system; electronic device designed to guide a car to its destination
Smartphone (from English) – a mobile phone that is also a small computer
increasing - always more
digital media - technical devices such as computers or digital telephones
someone / something is shaped by something - someone / something is strongly influenced by something
Brain researcher who - a scientist studying the work of the brain
defend against something - here: reject something; not accept something
something opens up an opportunity - something creates an opportunity
Illustrative material that - the pictorial or graphic representation of something, which makes something easier to understand
Demonization, the - the fact that something is being made worse than it is
per se - basically
confront someone with something - here: show someone something
something corresponds to someone / something - here: something fits someone / something
to see someone responsible - someone is responsible for something in the opinion of others
banish something - here: remove something
usually - here: mostly
Questions about the text
1. What is true Not? According to some researchers, frequent use of digital media is harmful because it ...
a) makes one's own thinking superfluous.
b) can be addictive.
c) makes violent.
2. Education researchers warn that digital media will ...
3. What should parents do Not do to prevent children from spending too much time at the computer?
a) talk to the children
b) Look for other employment opportunities together with the children
c) prohibit the use of computers
4. What can not be a plural form?
5. Which sentence is grammatically wrong?
a) Digital media offer many opportunities and threats at the same time.
b) Today there are computers in almost every child's room.
c) You cannot achieve anything through a ban.
Which digital media do you use? How often and for what purpose do you do this? Would you find it difficult to do without it? Report course to him! What are the advantages and disadvantages of digital media?
Authors: Arnd Riekmann / Olja Ebel
Editor: Ingo Pickel
- How useful is Giloy in cancer
- Am I lesbian, straight or bisexual
- Where is smoking banned in China?
- Do Australia and Canada really need migrants
- Why was Margaret Thatcher a revolutionary?
- Germans still hate Russians
- Makes male exhibitionism addicting
- Selfies harm human health
- Is it possible to feel love?
- What is creative reprieve
- What is the retirement age in Australia
- Did you build a UFO
- How much do pizza delivery men make
- What are the uses of integrations
- Who uses e-commerce
- Decorated sugar cookies hard
- Why is Trump a tariff man
- Which country has the most violent past?
- Why don't most people like unions?
- How much should I tip in Singapore
- What exactly does it mean to let go
- Why are game consoles better than PCs
- Why can't we observe dark matter
- What are AAA Mortgage Loans
- Where can I sell digital artwork online
- How does SWAT compare to the military
- Is there gender equality in the world
- Which European country is the most beautiful
- What do the Russians think of China
- Is our education system fair
- Why is a global economy important
- US politicians are puppets
- When and how did Hinduism come to Indonesia
- How do I choose diamond jewelry