How Much Does Amazon Kindle Publishing Cost
What is Amazon KDP? Easily explained
Amazon KDP is what is known as Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing. It is a self-publishing provider where you can offer your eBooks for sale.
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP): What's Behind It?
At Amazon KDP you can offer your eBook in Mobipocket format. Since you post the work on the platform yourself, it is usually online within a few hours. You can use the platform free of charge.
- With Author Central - the Amazon authoring center - you can store your own author page on Amazon and link your works. Above all, this should ensure visibility on the Internet. In addition, readers can see at a glance which eBooks you have already published.
- Through the Amazon subsidiary Createspace, you can also publish a print book and offer it for sale on the Amazon site. This is a so-called print-on-demand service.
- You can also log into KDP Select. In doing so, however, you are bound exclusively to Amazon for 90 days and enjoy benefits in return, such as connection to the Kindle lending library.
Amazon KDP: What are the royalties?
When you choose Amazon KDP, you get between 35 and 70 percent royalties. Your fee is based on the price of your eBook. You can determine this price yourself and change it at any time, as long as you stick to the fixed book price.
- If your gross price is below EUR 2.99 or above EUR 9.99, you will receive 35 percent of the net price.
- If your gross price is between EUR 2.99 and EUR 9.99, you will receive 70 percent of the net price.
- Note that 19 percent sales tax is levied on eBooks in Germany. In addition, there are transfer costs with Amazon KDP, but these usually only make up a small amount of cents.
Video tip: The best eBook readers tested
With Amazon Prime you can borrow one eBook per month for free. We'll tell you how high the costs for Amazon Prime are in another practical tip.
- Why did Rome collapse in the Middle Ages
- How do I have a balanced personality
- How poor are the poorest people
- What are some companies that use forums
- Why is Apple's iPhone Touch ID important
- How much do Amazon fulfillment employees earn
- Is Plancks constant constant
- How can I study psychology
- What do you think of Najib Razak
- What are the most common causes of errors
- What are unique human characteristics
- What is probability math theory
- What is the formula for cellular respiration
- How is your diet now
- Is there obesity in insects
- What attracted you to bodybuilding
- What's the best stock on stash
- Can we survive without carbohydrates?
- What is your hidden passion
- Why is the US so dangerous 1
- How do I make plastic bricks
- Why do you want to be smart
- Learning is overrated
- Why is Vladimir Putin spoken so softly