What is good biblical exegesis
What is Biblical Exegesis?
exegesis (Alt GR.) is the interpretation, explanation or interpretation of texts. Sometimes a little imagination is enough to interpret a text. However, specialist knowledge is better and more productive.
Biblical exegesis has higher requirements, however, because it is also about the interpretation, explanation or interpretation of texts, but without distorting the meaning and truth content of a source text!
And now in more detail:
Would biblical exegesis always and in any case carefully observe the principle coined by Jesus Christ at John 17:17, namely ". . . your [God's] word is truth. . . ", then there would be neither around 41,000 “Christian” denominations, as is currently the case, nor would there be “Christian” hostilities or even “Christian” wars.
Why not? Because truth - or in this case formulated a little more concretely "Truth of faith" - is always in harmony with oneself and therefore promotes peace in all fundamental questions of life. The Bible asks the rhetorical question: “. . who is allowed to stay in your [God's] sanctuary, who is allowed to dwell on your holy mountain? "Answer:" Everyone who goes his way sincerely, who practices [God's] righteousness and tell the truth with all my heart. . . " (Psalm 15: 1-2 New Geneva translation)
But how does one arrive at an interpretation of the Bible that ultimately makes truths of faith understandable and yet remains authentic?
The text already quoted ". . . your word is truth. . . " answers that: It says namely that "your word" is therefore "God's word" truth and that refers to the entirety of the word. In other words, the testimony of the scriptures in their entirety is truth and every detailed statement must be in accordance with the overall statement. Or to put it in the Bible itself: "The sum of your word is truth" (Psalm 119: 160)
So it is imperative to keep in mind that God's word forty scribes but only an author has, namely the one after which it is named.
Hence, the prophecies and principles of the Bible were never the result of astute inference or people's foresight based on their personal analysis of events or trends. Instead, as the Bible puts it “in this context” - “it is of the utmost importance that you consider the following: Not a single prophetic statement in Scripture is the result of arbitrary deliberations on the part of the respective prophet. In other words, no prophecy has ever originated in a person's will. Rather, people, guided by the Holy Spirit, spoke on behalf of God. " (2 Peter 1:20, 21 New Geneva translation)
And that is why "interpretations are God's business" (Genesis 40: 8 New evangelistic translation)
Anyone who practices a private exegesis and deviates from this biblical norm is leaving the soil of biblical truth. He must therefore accept the same rebuke that Jesus held against the scribes of his day: "Their worship is useless because they replace the commandments of God with their own teachings." (Mark 7: 7 New life. The Bible)
Exegesis begins with the translation, because it transfers the biblical text into other languages and is not allowed to change the original message. A very special challenge when you consider that the Greek source text was formulated from a vocabulary, which is 10 times more extensive than, for example, the German language.
Exegesis through translation is also a challenge when one goes to work with a preconceived and dogmatic belief. For example, the Trinity advocate and Catholic provost Dr. Franz von Allioli in his translation added the words to the Bible text in 1 John 5: 7: “The Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one s “, although this addition cannot be found in the source code.
There are many similar dogmas of faith. . .
- Sells Paytm counterfeit products
- Is Turkey a developed nation?
- How much do boutique consultants charge
- What does d 1
- Will 2040 Health Care Benefit
- Which city is area code 223
- Has Quora ever banned a user through IP
- Who is the father of computers 1
- What exactly is the singularity in physics
- What are some innovative forensic developments
- What screams I am educated
- How did you make money with arbitrage
- What is the Best Network Marketing Business
- Why do we have to terraform Mars
- Are Hong Kong citizens of the UK
- What is hawaii
- RSS is anti-muslim
- Why is Chile not a developed nation
- How are Asians treated by blacks
- Chinese steamed dumplings are gluten-free
- Who pays Instagram influencers
- Do women enjoy draining a man's balls?
- Can you make me happy with screenshots?
- Are related to Mandarin and Cantonese
- What does quantum theory describe
- What kept you from getting sad today
- What are healthy life skills
- Why a 0 equals 0
- Does stoicism contradict science?
- What popular websites were made with Wix
- What screams i'm confident
- How corrupt is the Chinese government
- What speed did cannonballs move?
- What does health mean to you