Which artist painted that
I had an advanced art course and for a while I was able to assign paintings to their painters and epochs quite well, now it's a bit rusty and I have my problems with the Impressionists. imgur user flickerdart (or the now inactive Reddit account DontTacoBoutIt) has put together a list with which it is child's play to assign which important painter is to be held responsible for the work. Very entertaining and not as unhelpful as you might think at first.
Rembrandt van Rijn
"If Everyone Looks Like Hobos Illuminated Only By A Dim Streetlamp, It's Rembrandt"
"If It's Something You Saw On Your Acid Trip Last Night, It's Dali"
"If The Paintings Have Lots Of Little People In Them But Also Have A Ton Of Crazy Bulls #% t, It's Bosch"
Pablo Ruiz Picasso
"If Everybody Has Some Sort Of Body Malfunction, Then It's Picasso"
Leonardo da Vinci
"Lord Of The Rings Landscapes With Weird Blue Mist And The Same Wavy-Haired Aristocratic-Nose Madonna, It's Da Vinci"
"Dappled Light And Unhappy Party-Time People, Then It's Manet"
"If You See A Ballerina, It's Degas"
"Dappled Light But No Figures, It's Monet"
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni
"If Everyone Is Beautiful, Naked, And Stacked, It's Michelangelo"
"Dappled Light And Happy Party-Time People, It's Renoir"
"If The Images Have A Dark Background And Everyone Has Tortured Expressions On Their Faces, It's Titian"
"Excel Sheet With Colored Squares, It's Mondrian"
Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio
"If All The Men Look Like Cow-Eyed Curly-Haired Women, It's Caravaggio"
Pieter Bruegel the Elder
"If The Paintings Have Tons Of Little People In Them But Otherwise Seem Normal, It's Bruegel"
Sir Peter Paul Rubens
"If Everyone In The Paintings Has Enormous Asses, Then It’s Rubens"
"If Every Painting Is The Face Of A Uni-Browed Woman, It's Frida"
Doménikos Theotokópoulos - El Greco (“The Greek”)
"If Everything Is Highly-Contrasted And Sharp, Sort Of Bluish, And Everyone Has Gaunt Bearded Faces, It's El Greco"
"If The Painting Could Easily Have A Few Chubby Cupids Or Sheep Added (Or Already Has Them), It's Boucher"
Jan van Eyck
"If everyone - including the women - looks like Putin, then it's van Eyck."
Learned something again. Actually perfect for roughly teaching kids how to spot some of the most important painters in art history.
via: demilked | Images: flickerdart
- What are some healthy recipes
- What is your NEET bug history
- How bad is Pondicherry University
- How can we calculate 4 cubic feet
- Who is a pretty Korean or Japanese girl
- What is the main rule
- Geology What are the most weathered rocks
- Who founded Singapore as a nation?
- Why are professionals paid so well
- What is the best 22 foot cruising sailboat
- How bad is Najib's corruption
- How do you say Born in Mandarin
- Why do people stay homeless
- What is America's Favorite Cake
- May cause thyroid problems, non-thyroid cancer
- Is a submarine aircraft carrier plausible?
- Is Azure more secure than AWS
- Where's Missouri
- What are India's 5 Fastest Growing Industries
- Are non-native speakers shaping English
- Contact the FBI by phone
- How can I edit a topic anonymously
- Koreans hate Indians
- At what temperature does bronze melt