Decorated sugar cookies hard
Sugar Cookie Frosting (this hardens)
If you've been baking and decorating sugar cookies for as many years as I have, you will really appreciate some basic recipes like this awesome sugar cookie frosting (that gets tough)!
Easy to make, super white sugar cookie frosting (that hardens) is great for storing and sharing your decorated cut out sugar cookies!
The wonderful benefit of this frosting is that it builds up and hardens, which means you can stack your decorated cookies to store, share, and ship to loved ones!
I LOVE sharing my decorated cookies (and it takes them out of the house so they don't ALL get eaten!)It is therefore very important to us to be able to stack, freeze, pack and even send them by post.
My royal icing on the cake that we use to decorate sugar cookies is set up for these purposes too, but sometimes you want a different look ... or you need to get something decorated quickly.
In the case of ease and speed, I usually like frosting my vacation with sugar cookies. I don't have to wait that long to use my baked sugar cookies on the frosting instead of using royal icing. Plus, this sugar cookie frosting hardens and hardens faster than royal icing.
This sugar cookie frosting is also an excellent choice for ultra or super white frosting as your base is already white (Vegetable fat)So you don't need any other methods to lighten your frosting. You can even replace buttercream frosting when decorating cakes with our sugar biscuit frosting, as it withstands high heat and moisture well.
If the thought of using shortening doesn't sound that appealing, consider adding a generous amount of extract flavorand you really won't be able to tell the difference!
My Super Easy No Rolled Sugar Cookie Recipe is a great time saver when you're in a crisis and still want the classic look of a cut out sugar cookie!
If you are looking for the best classic rolled sugar cookies then you should try my favorite tried and true version that I have been using for decades !!
Do you remember that really old recipe your grandma used? It Might Just Be My Vintage Sugar Cookies Recipe!
Are you looking for more ideas for vacation cookies? Try not to bake cookies with my chocolate peppermint for a wonderful variant of a favorite cookie or one of my child's favorite holiday treats. Do not bake maraschino cherry chocolate chip chips.
* If you want to try replacing some butter in this frosting (which would make it a buttercream frosting), change the resulting texture and this frosting's ability to set up for storage!
** I usually freeze my baked and decorated cookies, then stack them neatly with wax paper dividers before shipping them out to friends and family. They thaw during transport, but it helps if they are combined with careful packaging!
Best Rolled Sugar Cookie Recipes
Sugar Cookie Frosting (this hardens)
- 1/2 cup shortening (We use Crisco, you can also use butter if you wish.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or extract flavor of choice)
- 4 cups powdered sugar (1/2 of a 2 lb bag)
- 4 tablespoons cream (2-4 tbsp, start with 2 tbsp)
- Food coloring (if desired)
- Combine the shortening and vanilla extract with the whisk attachment in the bowl of your stand mixer or a large mixing bowl. Beat until well combined and have a creamy consistency.
- Alternately add the powdered sugar and cream, starting with the first cup of powdered sugar. Then add a dash of cream (1/2 to 1 tbsp at a time) and alternate again until all of the confectioners' sugar is incorporated.
- Take turns adding enough cream so your stand mixer or hand mixer can work with the frosting when it comes together (if the frosting is too stiff, add more liquid).
- The amount of liquid can vary greatly depending on the temperature and humidity (weather conditions). Use enough liquid to create a consistency that is usually thicker than the store-bought frosting, but which is easy to whistle or spread when applied to cookies.
- * Adding food coloring is optional, and you can add any type of food coloring you have on hand. For best results, use gel food coloring whenever possible.
Angela is a home chef who developed a passion for all things cooking and baking in her grandmother's kitchen at a young age. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her favorite family recipes and creating a delicious dinner and fantastic dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
Filed Under: Desserts, Icing Recipes, Recipes, Video Recipes , Thanksgiving, valentine's day, video recipe
- Is psychology an easy way to study
- Can Indonesians marry a Filipino
- Is skill or passion triumphant
- What is the use of imaginary numbers
- What makes great learning content
- A nickel from 1991 is worth something
- Will Donald Trump ever get tired
- Why am I ugly 1
- Deserve caretaker respect
- How are rocks weathered by peeling?
- What is your number 1 business rule
- What is the greatest prime number
- How Google violates your privacy
- Which Bible translation is most accurate
- What is a yacht made of?
- Can Japan defeat China now?
- Easter is a public holiday in the United States
- Is the Compact Flash card now out of date?
- What's wrong with introversion
- What use is philosophy
- Does Hooters have a veteran discount
- Is marijuana legal in the US
- How are stones 3
- What do some in Singapore have to eat