Is mayonnaise a sauce
A real mayonnaise is a thick, cold sauce based on egg yolk and oil (emulsion). There are many variations of this basic sauce. You can also use a hard-boiled egg yolk as an emulsifier, which avoids the risk of salmonella from raw eggs.
- It is widely believed that mayonnaise has its origins in the Balearic Islands and that its name is derived from the Menorcan port city of Mahón. On June 28, 1756, the British garrison of St. Philipe's fortress surrendered to attacking French troops led by the Duke of Richelieu. To celebrate the French victory, a cold-stirred sauce was created that was still completely unknown in French cuisine at the time. Richelieu introduced the recipe in France and from there the mayonnaise was distributed worldwide. A variant of the theory says that mahonnese was prepared out of necessity during the siege. According to the Etymological Dictionary of the German Language, this origin is not very likely. Instead, a linguistic derivation from the French verb mailler - in German: to beat - is assumed, since the mayonnaise is beaten.
- According to another view, mayonnaise originated from the Catalan aioli, which is made using mortars. According to the basic recipe, finely crushed garlic with oil is whipped into an emulsion and then seasoned with salt. Aioli was first mentioned in writing in 1024.
- Prepare the sauce shortly before consumption (risk of salmonella multiplication!).
- Mix the egg yolks and mustard with a whisk.
- Initially add the oil drop by drop while stirring until a stable emulsion is formed.
- Then stir in the oil with a very thin stream.
- As soon as the mayonnaise has thickened properly (becomes a stable emulsion), season and add the acid.
- Season to taste and, if necessary, add seasoning.
Should the mayonnaise curdle
Option (1) 
- Should the mayonnaise curdle, set the curdled sauce aside (do not discard) and thoroughly clean all utensils.
- Whip a new egg yolk with mustard and oil until it has a stable consistency.
- Now slowly work in the curdled mass again.
- The sauce does not suffer any loss of taste due to curdling.
Option (2) 
- Stir 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of boiling hot broth into the curdled mass at high speed.
or: (only possible with an electric blender)
- Put the egg with salt and mustard in a container.
- Empty the oil over it (oil does not combine with the egg).
- Then slowly bring the hand blender to the bottom of the container and first puree the egg without moving it.
- When the egg is pureed, pull the switched on blender up evenly and not too quickly -> DONE
This variant is a little faster and is not as laborious.
Important note 
- Mayonnaise has a very short shelf life, especially in the warm season.
- Always keep the mayonnaise in the refrigerator.
Sauce to 
- Some people recommend adding a few drops of English sauce (Worcester sauce type) to flavor the mayonnaise. If the mayonnaise is to be the basis of another sauce, seasoning is usually not recommended.
- Salt, pepper, vinegar or lemon juice are not absolutely necessary, but they improve the taste if the mayonnaise is to be eaten without further processing.
- The ingredients page for mayonnaise reveals what to look for when buying ready-made mayonnaise.
- A very versatile sauce. No comparison with the ready-made sauces from the trade, which are flavored with sugar or sweeteners.
- What does catch and hatch mean?
- What is the Occitan language
- How can I really generate random numbers
- How to say division in Mandarin
- Health Are aluminum foils harmful to health
- How do you track your crush
- What do the British eat for dinner
- How do you see India in 2020
- Drinking barley water will cleanse your kidneys
- Blogspot is limited
- How fertilizers cause water pollution
- Why do muscles become soft after exercise
- India will be developed in 2020
- Which chemical element name starts with aluminum?
- What is the rarest mineral on earth
- How does it feel to be fucked
- Google monitors the activity of our laptops
- White quartz is valuable
- What is your dream car collection
- Do the people in Taipei speak Taiwanese Hokkien?
- What is the curvature of a square
- What is Artificial Intelligence Marketing
- Why is print not a vector size
- How do I get free traffic