Can flush out drinking water sugar
Dentist: "Rinse your mouth after sweets"
DEFAULT: Never in a year are there so many sweets for children as at Christmas time. Is it actually enough to brush your teeth twice a day?
Busenlechner: Yes, it's enough. It would be ideal if children don't eat sweets all the time, but once or twice a day, and then rinse their mouths out with water.
DEFAULT: So brush your teeth in the morning and in the evening, not in kindergarten or school?
Busenlechner: Yes, I advise against the latter. Because they would then have to brush their teeth at lunchtime in kindergarten. Small children like to swap toothbrushes, and this leads to an exchange of bacteria.
DEFAULT: And why should that be avoided?
Busenlechner: Because the bacterial flora in the mouth is something very individual and bacteria play a key role in the development of tooth decay.
DEFAULT: For those who don't really know: what exactly causes tooth decay?
Busenlechner: Tooth decay is an infection caused by bacteria. There are good and bad bacteria in the oral cavity, the composition, as I said, is very individual. But if the bad bacteria predominate, then tooth decay occurs.
DEFAULT: And what exactly does that have to do with sugar consumption?
Busenlechner: Bad bacteria feed on sugar. They absorb it, metabolize it and excrete it as acid. And it is precisely these acids that attack and irreversibly destroy tooth enamel. This is why toothpastes containing fluoride are so important for children. They help strengthen tooth enamel.
DEFAULT: Is a toothbrush enough or should children also use dental floss?
Busenlechner: As soon as the molars are there, we also recommend flossing, because the brush simply cannot get into the interdental spaces. Regular oral hygiene also really makes sense with children.
DEFAULT: At what age?
Busenlechner: From the age of three. The pleasant side effect of oral hygiene is that children lose their fear of the dentist. It's an appointment that doesn't hurt and helps explain the tools and procedures at the dentist to children.
DEFAULT: Are bad teeth actually a matter of predisposition?
Busenlechner: Perhaps to a certain percentage, but it is really up to everyone to take countermeasures. There are four pillars: dental care, toothpaste containing fluoride, regular check-ups at the dentist and a low-sugar diet.
DEFAULT: What if kids just don't want to brush their teeth?
Busenlechner: There are things that shouldn't be negotiable. Brushing your teeth is one of them. It is also not the case that parents do not change their children’s diaper just because they don’t like to be changed. I therefore recommend mothers and fathers alike to take babies to the bathroom so they can watch them brush their teeth. Children automatically imitate their parents, which can be a trick.
DEFAULT: And which form of sugar is particularly bad for your teeth?
Busenlechner: Sweet drinks are particularly bad, and it is even worse if you do not drink sweet drinks from a glass, but from sports bottles that the children then more or less suck on. I advise against that. When the teeth are bathed in sugar, tooth decay develops particularly well and attacks the milk teeth. Baby teeth in particular have a particularly thin layer of tooth enamel, which is particularly sensitive. And if you have a snack, always rinse your mouth afterwards. This is a good way to get through the Christmas season. (Karin Pollack, December 12, 2019)
- What is the greatest enemy of success
- Which chemical is the fastest to kill a person?
- Shoots himself in the head painlessly
- Which MLM companies can sign up for free
- How can we experience gravity in space
- Has someone become a millionaire overnight?
- Why is a global economy important
- Why are windows used in a house
- What do you think is not intuitive
- What are the benefits of pomegranate seeds
- What is flushing for anorexia
- How Much Protein is in Cooked Chicken
- Is data science overwhelmed in 2019
- How would a journey through time look like
- How big is a googol
- What does deaf to discord mean
- Is it easy to live in China?
- What is the international call center salary
- Why is obedience so important
- What are the most effective promotional items
- The Japanese hate Americans
- Which country has the most decentralized government?
- What is America's Favorite Cake
- What is the best diet for weight loss