What are the benefits of pomegranate seeds
Pomegranate: 5 reasons why the red seeds are so healthy
Have you ever tried pomegranates? The superfood is totally hip right now! On the one hand, because it tastes good and gives both desserts and savory dishes a sophisticated note. But that's not all: The red seeds in the pomegranate are very healthy and rich in vitamins, minerals and secondary plant substances.
Preparation tip: You have various options to get at the slightly bitter-tasting red seeds. Very important: Be careful not to get splashed with juice. He's almost impossible to get out of his clothes.
The easiest way to release the pomegranate seeds is to cut the fruit in half. Place the halves with the open side on a board or in a deep plate and tap the bowl around with a wooden spoon. The cores loosen and fall out onto a board or plate.
You can find detailed instructions on how to open the pomegranate here and in the following video.Video by Julia Windhövel
Get pleasure? Here are five reasons why the pomegranate is so healthy and why you should eat it a lot more often:
1. The pomegranate is so healthy because its ingredients are supposed to protect against cancer
There are polyphenols in pomegranate and they are very healthy. The secondary plant substances act as so-called antioxidants. This means that they intercept free radicals that can cause cell changes and thus cancer. Various tests have shown that the polyphenols contained in the pomegranate have a positive effect on prostate, stomach, colon, lung and breast cancer.
2. The pomegranate is so healthy because it is said to lower cholesterol
Cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks or strokes are on the increase. Regularly eating pomegranate seeds can reduce your risk of developing the disease. The red kernels contain flavonoids, a subgroup of polyphenols that are supposed to lower cholesterol and keep blood sugar levels stable.
3. The pomegranate is so healthy because it's supposed to help you lose weight
It has not been scientifically proven, but the pomegranate is said to help with weight loss and also to prevent the development of obesity.
4. The pomegranate is so healthy because it is said to have a rejuvenating effect
However, the seeds in pomegranate are not only healthy, the vitamins and minerals they contain are also supposed to rejuvenate and beautify our skin. This is due on the one hand to the antioxidants, which ensure faster renewal of the cells, but also to anti-inflammatory substances that are in the nuclei. In stores you can find creams with pomegranate extract, among other things.
5. The pomegranate is so healthy because it is said to have a potency-increasing effect
A full love life is good for your health: this is another reason why you should eat pomegranates or drink the juice more often. Allegedly, it should have a potency and lust-increasing effect.
Sources and information:
More tips and recipes for pomegranate can be found here:
Pomegranate recipes: this is how the red seeds taste even in summer
Open pomegranate: these 3 tricks will make it spotless
You might also be interested in:
Superfood avocado: how healthy is the fruit really?
Moringa and its effects: how healthy is the superfood really?
Lose weight with konjac root: what good is the superfood?
- Are Italians xenophobic
- Why does everything seem boring
- Can I swap hard drives between laptops?
- Are Samsung midrange phones good
- What is a Delta One Trading Desk
- Artificial intelligence is important in education
- What is the dimension of the dice
- You can get 15,000 upvotes for Quora
- Where can I buy gold
- Who invented SMS
- What is the importance of studying grammar
- What are cloud computing technologies
- How are Asians treated by blacks
- How is Singapore seen in your country?
- Should I drink water while eating
- What was Fiverr's MVP
- What are the cons of masturbating
- How often do most people exercise
- How is set implemented internally in Python
- How has geology affected people
- What are Article Submissions in SEO
- Which is faster C or Python 3
- Can I graduate from NASA?
- People have successful affairs