Can I resell branded clothing
Selling Clothes: 6 Tips, the Easiest Way to Sell Used Clothes Online
Do you want to sell clothes online? We have the best tips for that
You're in luck, because the second-hand market is currently booming. A recent report by the Thredup website suggests the sector will grow by a staggering 69 percent by 2021, and other resale platforms also confirm the sharp increase. "We have observed that sellers and buyers continue to rely on resale during the pandemic," says Sasha Skoda, Head of Women at the American luxury second-hand website The RealReal. "People are stuck at home tidying their closets to get organized and make extra money selling."
The right moment to sell used clothing
Growing concern for the planet has also led to a growing interest in clothing that has already been worn; Ultimately, extending the life of a garment will reduce its overall impact on the environment while preventing it from ending up in landfill. "During the [Covid-19] outbreak, there was a shift towards conscious consumer behavior," explains Fanny Moizant, co-founder and president of Vestiaire Collective, via email from Hong Kong, where the company's Asian headquarters are for better quality pieces at affordable prices. "
So now is the right time to sell used clothing that is slumbering in the back of your closet - we reveal six tips to make selling clothing online the easiest and what you should be aware of!
You can also resell watches online
© Photography Ricky Rhodes
1. Selling clothes: What do you have to consider?
Clothing cleanliness should be your main concern right now. A study has shown that coronaviruses can remain on fabrics for up to two days, which is why the World Health Organization recommends washing clothes at 60 to 90 degrees Celsius in the washing machine with detergent so that all germs are killed. "You should definitely wash every item before shipping it out," says Jack Maitland, Depop's senior sales success manager, via Zoom from London.
While you make sure your item is as presentable as possible, it also increases your sales opportunities. "Steam or iron the item so it isn't wrinkled," he adds. "This gives you a much more professional impression."
2. Photograph used clothing in natural light
Always photograph your clothes in natural light (no flash) and snap some photos of you wearing the used clothes (the self-timer will soon be your new best friend). "Modeling an item is really good because it helps potential buyers understand its fit," explains Maitland, advising to include as many pictures as possible. "If you use four pictures [on Depop] the chances are you will sell the clothes online. You can focus on the details and show the labels to prove authenticity."
3. Selling Clothes Online: What's the Right Price?
Before setting a price on your used clothing, do some research - including answering what platform it might be best sold on. "Get a feel for what kind of resale value certain designers and styles usually have," advises Skoda. "One easy way to do this is to check the current prices on second-hand marketplaces." Is your part all over Instagram right now? That will drive up the price at which you can sell it. "Resale value can vary widely based on the level of excitement and demand for the part and its condition," adds Moizant.
One platform for reselling clothing is Depop. Here you can find out more about the second-hand marketplace
© Courtesy Depop
4. Be honest when describing the second hand clothing
It is not uncommon for worn clothing to have some imperfections, be it a small stain or a missing button. It is important that you deal transparently with any defects so that buyers know exactly what they are getting for their money (and to ensure that you will be a trustworthy seller in the future). "Be super specific in the description and point out any imperfections in the photos," says Maitland.
5. Selling clothes: Quick and easy service is important
If you offer a quick and easy resale experience, the more likely you will get positive reviews - and that in turn will reach more people who will want to buy from you again. That means answering all questions in good time and shipping items as quickly as possible. Free shipping can help too. "It's one less hurdle at the checkout for the shopper; it doubles your chances of selling the garment," explains Maitland. "Use shipment tracking so they know it's on the way."
6. Be proactive when selling clothing
If you want to resell over the long term, you should make sure that you take the best possible care of your clothes, as this will help you to sell them later at higher prices. "Regardless of whether you treat your autumn leather boots with good leather protection every season or simply keep your handbag in the dust bag when it is not in use, this contributes significantly to maintaining the resale value," says Skoda.
More topics at VOGUE
The level: This second-hand online shop combines sustainability with nineties chic
Shopping tip: H&M brings Sellpy, Sweden's largest second-hand platform, to Germany - a competition for clothing circles?
Vestiaire report: The lockdown in vintage shopping was responsible for these phenomena
- What makes Trump unique among US presidents
- Why is Isaiah called a major prophet?
- Some dogs really like children why
- Why would you cheat on someone
- Can we eat the apple after peeling?
- Thoughts precede concepts
- How is a paradox resolved
- Will bipolar disorder can be cured permanently
- How much money do Twitch streamers make
- How many people are poor in Singapore
- Do I need Photoshop or Illustrator
- Is Kuwait good for Indians to work
- What makes Donald Trump unique
- Is there a universal symbol for life
- How was Nietzsche wrong?
- Liberals downplay Donald Trump's success
- Is a libertarian conservative or a liberal
- What is the minimum wage
- Do Australia and Canada really need migrants
- What is your ultimate Christmas carol
- Is Quebec racist against Muslims
- Movement is possible without existence
- How do I become aware of my poem
- Can I text someone who blocked me?
- How good is Quora's moderation
- What are the non-Islamic countries
- What are the most effective promotional items
- How boring the earth would be without questions
- The Japanese hate Americans
- How can a data breach be stopped?
- Do personal loans affect the mortgage
- Can the police sequence the collected DNA?
- What is the vegetable diet for abs
- What is the difference between Americans and Colombians?