What are the signs of infection
Coronavirus infection: symptoms and course of the disease
Both COVID-19 and common colds and the flu are primarily contagious respiratory infections. However, they are caused by different viruses. Many different viruses, such as rhinoviruses, cause colds. Influenza viruses are responsible for the flu. COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
Signs of illness one cold ("Sniffles") are primarily impaired nasal breathing as well as cough and occasionally sore throat, it can also lead to a slight fever. As a rule, complications do not arise.
Typical for the flu (Influenza) is a sudden onset of illness with fever, cough and sore throat, accompanied by headache and body aches and usually a severe feeling of illness. Other symptoms of the flu can include general weakness, sweating, runny nose, and rarely nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. However, only a third of the people infected with influenza viruses show the typical febrile course of the disease. Another third have easier flu progress and a third do not develop any symptoms.
The most common complications are pneumonia. Middle ear infections can also develop in children. Inflammation of the brain or the heart muscle can rarely occur (see also pathogen profile and questions and answers about the flu).
Although the symptoms of COVID-19 can have some peculiarities, they are usually not easy to distinguish from those of other respiratory infections such as the common cold or flu. Therefore, COVID-19 cannot be determined based on symptoms alone. It is therefore important that you suspect an infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus should be clarified by a doctor and, if necessary, tested.
- What do you think contributes to the grain
- Can stop the earth's magnetic field
- How can a country's trade be balanced?
- What are the differences in blood group
- What are the advantages of unions
- Alexa is an example of artificial intelligence
- What is US IT Recruitment 1
- Why do you want to be smart
- What are some popular slogans
- How do we die 1
- Where do we go after we die?
- How can I get my book published
- How does lack of oxygen affect protein folding
- Where does the term hogwash come from?
- Can I advertise ClickBank products for free?
- What are the risks of undercooked salmon
- Can C ++ do anything that C can do
- Why is it considered unhealthy to be thin?
- Eating kiwi fruit
- What is the definition of patriotism
- Why is MaxBounty the best affiliate marketing
- What do Americans think of Singapore?
- What does a programming job actually look like
- Who eats lamb in the US