Are Chinese cute
The last stop of the year with the culinary world tour is China. Countless dishes and regional cuisines make China a culinary paradise. And yet there is hardly a dish in Germany or Europe that is so closely associated with Chinese cuisine as the many sweet and sour dishes.
Whether chicken, pork or duck, you can get the same sauce almost everywhere over mediocre quality meat.
Whereby lies everywhere. Fortunately, there are numerous Chinese who either don't have sweet and sour on the menu, or as a very fresh, tasty variant. Because the sweet and sour cuisine is not a European invention, just the way the sauce is prepared here.
My goal now was to conjure up a delicious variant for home use. To what extent it has anything to do with a sweet and sour sauce that can be obtained in China, Chinese or China tourists have to tell me. I found it very tasty, aromatic and guaranteed free of any extra glutamate added.
The sauce was served with a great ling fish, which was also pickled sweet and sour.
- 800gr solid fish e.g. ling fish
- 2 organic lemons
- 2 tbsp honey
- 75 ml soy sauce
Mix the zest and juice of the lemons with the honey and soy sauce. Cut the fish into pieces and marinate with the mixture for 1-2 hours. Then flour the fish and set aside.
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 apples, Granny Smith
- 2 peppers
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 75gr tomato ketchup
- 75gr oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 organic orange
- Rest of the fish marinade
- up to 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- optional 1 chili
First cut the carrots into slices and steam them for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, finely chop the onion and garlic, grate the ginger and set these three ingredients aside. Also cut the bell peppers and the Granny Smith into bite-sized pieces and grate the orange peel.
When the carrots are ready, heat some oil (e.g. peanut oil) and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger. If you like spiciness in the sauce, you can add a chilli with it.
Now add sugar to the pan, let it caramelize briefly and deglaze with the ketchup, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, fish marinade and the juice of the orange. Add the carrots, bell pepper, apple and the orange peel, as well as some broth. While the sauce is simmering, keep adding the broth. The sauce should be liquid, but still have a creamy consistency. If you like a lot of sauce, you can take the whole broth and thicken it with a little starch. Finally add the sesame oil to taste. If some salt is missing, season with soy sauce.
Finally fry or fry the fish. Depending on which fish you use, you can let it soak in the sauce. The fish becomes more aromatic, but there is a risk that it will disintegrate when stirred. Serve the whole thing in the classic way with rice.
I like it:
- What is a man's greatest weakness
- What are financial services and their benefits
- Does Chyawanprash really help in boosting immunity
- Is the new year overrated
- What are humanistic criticisms of materialism
- How easy can I learn Chinese
- What if Itachi were Hokage
- Storytelling is the most effective marketing tactic
- How can I simply promote my business
- How is Russia for Indian travelers
- Page vs. Blog Post SEO Benefits
- What is the nature of things
- What is local SEO 1
- Why should cameras be allowed in the school?
- Gamers think differently from non-gamers
- Why is wisdom more powerful than knowledge
- Why does stagnation in GDP cause unemployment
- What happens when a testicle is removed
- How can we calculate 4 cubic feet
- Will TikTok 2019 replace Instagram
- How is life in Gandhinagar
- What American gun laws are not enforced
- Which 38 special revolver has 6 shots
- When is Easter 2016
- What distinguishes indentured bondage from slavery
- How much do doctors make in America
- How does income inequality harm society
- What happened to blogger
- What does Colonial America mean
- Is a wool or synthetic carpet better
- Christianity is socialism
- What should I know about Vietnamese women
- What are the most valuable pennies