Is 70 percent average
Düsseldorf (IT.NRW). Sales in North Rhine-Westphalia's retail trade were in real terms in March 2021, i.e. taking into account the price development, 8.3 percent higher than in March 2020; compared to March 2019, the real increase in sales was 9.5 percent. As Information and Technology North Rhine-Westphalia, the State Statistical Office, reports on the basis of preliminary results, sales rose nominally by 9.8 percent.
The highest increase in sales compared to the same month last year was recorded in the retail trade with bicycles, parts and accessories (+78.4 percent); compared to March 2019, sales increased by 59.7 percent. Mail order and internet retail also showed an above-average increase in sales compared to the same month of the previous year (+41.2 percent); compared to March 2019, the increase in sales was 70.8 percent.
The clothing retail sector also showed a positive sales development compared to the same month of the previous year (+31.0 percent), but compared to March 2019 a decrease of 38.4 percent was recorded. A similar development can be observed in the retail trade with shoes and leather goods: while sales rose by 39.3 percent compared to March 2020, they were down by 21.7 percent compared to March 2019.
For the first three months of 2021, the statisticians determined a real decline in sales of 3.7 percent for the NRW retail sector; nominally, sales fell by 2.3 percent compared to the same period of the previous year.
The number of employees in retail decreased by 1.0 percent in March 2021 compared to the corresponding month of the previous year. The average number of employees in the first three months fell by 1.1 percent.
The statisticians point out that the current Corona crisis - especially in the lockdown phases - can lead to very different results compared to the same month of the previous year. In order to enable a meaningful comparison with the pre-crisis level, a comparison with the corresponding monthly results for 2019 will also be presented from the reporting month of March 2021.
Earlier results and data for other branches of the retail trade are available in the state database of North Rhine-Westphalia at https://url.nrw/einzelhandel. (IT.NRW)
(174/21) Düsseldorf, May 19, 2021
At a glance
Frequently searched content
- What are the benefits of cloud hosting
- Facebook has a customer service email
- Is immunology a growing professional field
- What is a PBG player
- Are Irish and Scottish Americans
- What are free public records
- What is meant by freedom of expression
- How many cups are 300 grams
- What is bigger a universe or a galaxy
- What do Singaporeans think of Indians?
- How many Muslims were killed in Myanmar
- Is the Christian school better than the Catholic school
- Is it wrong to be a gamer girl?
- Can I create a WordPress site offline?
- What is working life like in the IT industry?
- Who killed Harry Potter
- Surgery aggravates cancer and promotes metastasis
- What happens to Trump's health
- What was White Croatia
- How do the Vietnamese get rich
- Why is Linux not widely used
- Have you ever discovered something by accident?
- Why are penny stocks called penny stocks
- What makes you think about your existence?