What do you know about marketing
What is content marketing anyway?
Suppose you want to build a house. After you buy a plot of land, go to an architect and have your home planned. A bright, open kitchen from which one can go into the living room, bathroom and toilet separated, and there should be three bedrooms. After all, you are clever and consider that one day there might be children. As soon as the plan has been completed and approved, construction can start.
Would you build a house without a plan? Of course not. Why should you do content marketing without a strategy?
The architect in our example is your strategist who creates the framework for your content marketing. You may be successful with individual pieces of content in the short term without a strategy, but believe me: long-term success is not possible without a content marketing strategy.
Most of the time we don't talk about content marketing strategy, but about content strategy. Even if the terms are used interchangeably in many places, they don't quite mean the same thing.
Difference between content strategy and content marketing strategy
Content marketing is a discipline, just like newsletter marketing, digital marketing, event marketing, etc. In order to be able to implement all these disciplines operationally, you need a strategic approach. A content marketing strategy.
A content strategy, on the other hand, is not only necessary in content marketing, but also in other disciplines of digital marketing, such as inbound marketing.
In the new edition of the content "Bible" published at the end of 2019 Think content! Miriam Löffler and Irene Michl see the development of a content strategy as a house. In the foundation you define the target group needs, company goals and the brand.
Based on this, you carry out measures: the content audit, content planning, content production, content management and content distribution. In order to give your house the necessary stability, you carry out a controlling. The roof of your house is the content strategy statement, which sums up your content strategy in two sentences.
Are you curious about what content strategy is all about? The Joanneum in Graz has its own content strategy course (the first in Austria) and our CEO Martin teaches there. But enough about content strategy, after all, in this article we would like to give you well-founded information about content marketing.
Inbound Consultant Lisa explains in this 4-minute video what a content strategy is and how you can create your own in 10 steps:
- Which country has the worst money
- Western countries are secular
- How does the click rate affect the ranking of Google pages
- What is a wafer
- How do you earn Steam Wallet Codes
- What are the branches of the military
- Let's make discoveries
- Most Swiss are multilingual
- What is the number one scam in history
- Which is the absolutely unanswerable question
- Can I advertise ClickBank products for free?
- Relationships begin after the 4th date
- Which nationality is Canadian
- Why most of the answers in Quora are unrealistic
- Who is your favorite child
- What sales technique works all the time
- Is Thai food healthier than Chinese food
- 108 is 60 good blood pressure
- What are some good American TV shows
- Why is cinematography important
- Experience is more important than education
- Chinese or Indian are more beautiful
- Are protein healthier than omelets
- Can smokers donate bone marrow