Where is the greatest demand for programmers
For June 2015, the career research platform MSGooroo analyzed almost 500,000 job advertisements for programmers with regard to the language skills in demand and the expected average annual income. The results - which programming language is most in demand and which one makes the most money - we have summarized here.
MSGooroo bloggers examine 25 programming languages each month for income opportunities and vacancies. However, the analysis only includes data from various job portals in the USA, Great Britain and Australia. In addition, many of the languages are found in less than one percent of all job postings, which is why niche languages such as Haskell, Lua or Prolog do not appear in the general analysis.
Top 10 most popular programming languages
The following table shows the languages most searched for in job advertisements in the US, UK, and Australia, followed by average annual income (values are rounded); :
- Java - 13.5%, $ 106,000
- C # 10.3%, $ 92,000
- C - 9.5%, $ 92,000
- C ++ - 5.3%, $ 103,000
- Python - 4.8%, $ 105,000
- PHP - 4.5%, $ 80,000
- R - 3.4%, $ 98,000
- Perl - 2.5%, $ 107,000
- Ruby - 2%, $ 106,000
The highest paid programming languages
The following languages average more than $ 100,000 per year:
- C ++
- F #
- C #
The US market has the highest salaries on average. For comparison: Java programmers receive around $ 115,000 in the USA, around $ 76,000 in Great Britain and just under $ 75,000 in Australia.
As always, these numbers should be treated with caution. Because they only describe a statistical distribution of sought-after language skills and average salaries. Logical connections between languages and salaries or even conclusions about job opportunities cannot simply be drawn. Work experience, job position (developer, architect, admin, etc.) and local differences must be taken into account if you want to find out what salary opportunities you have with your personal skill set. Unfortunately, no separate, current figures are available for Germany.
Lead image: Programming code abstract screen of software developer by Shutterstock / Copyright: McIekOur editorial team recommends:
- How does Pinterest work
- Working guns underwater 1
- What is WordPress Plugin Detector
- Can't a Muslim be religious
- Why does cake batter taste like filling?
- How is type 2 diabetes diagnosed
- Why did Voldemort show Lily mercy
- May cause thyroid problems, non-thyroid cancer
- Fasting helps lower blood pressure
- What do you think of the Malaysian cuisine
- Who is this male model for Everlane
- What is hand washing
- Can I be a non-certified personal trainer?
- Are diamonds cheaper in South Africa?
- Can travel easily in vacuum
- Where do most of the liberals retreat?
- What are the functions of Leadpages
- Most people are unattractive
- How do mothers affect their daughters?
- What is probability math theory
- Which TV show has the most episodes
- Is this coin worth anything 1
- How can I promote my game
- Why have you been banned from ClickBank