When did Tesla start selling cars?
Tesla celebrates a record, but a comparison shows the whole truth
Tesla has brought many automakers to rethink. Whether VW, Mercedes or even Porsche: Hardly any manufacturer can evade the e-car. Now the US company is reporting a new record. Throughout 2020, Tesla claims to have sold almost half a million vehicles with 499,500 cars. Almost 510,000 models rolled off the assembly line last year. But is that a lot?
→ Tesla wants to make electric cars affordable: That's the plan
Tesla celebrates itself, but is miles behind
If you compare the sales figures with those of other manufacturers, you can quickly see how few cars Tesla really sold. VW or Toyota, the two largest car manufacturers in the world, bring around 10 million vehicles to the people worldwide every year. Mercedes and BMW, which sell around 2 to 3 million cars annually, also beat Tesla by far. Even if you only include e-cars in the bill, Tesla is beaten. In November 2020, for example, a good 6,000 VW e-cars were registered in Germany. During the same period, Renault put almost 4,300 models of its ZOE electric car on the road. And Tesla? In November 2020, just 1,680 models were registered in Germany.
→ E-car or diesel? These numbers show the terrifying miscalculation
This comparison shows the whole truth
Tesla was founded in July 2003. After three years of development, the company presented its first electric car, the Roadster. In the 17th year after it was founded, the electric car manufacturer from the USA is celebrating the success of half a million vehicles produced. And even this number cannot really impress if you compare it with another car manufacturer. The first Ford Model T rolled off the production line in 1908. Exactly 17 years later, almost 2 million models of the world's best-selling car were still leaving the factory. Of this one model, Ford has sold more than 13 million vehicles to date.
→ The Anti-Tesla Plan: This is how VW, BMW and Mercedes want to fight back
Tesla wants to sell more than just electric cars
But apart from the comparisons and numbers, Tesla is on the right track. The focus is not only on the sale of e-cars. The boss and visionary Elon Musk is about much more than that. What he has already achieved: to turn the entire automotive industry inside out and to get it to rethink. Without Tesla, the electric car would also have been inevitable. However, it is questionable whether VW, Renault and Co. would have developed this at such a high speed as they are doing today.
- Why do some women like to fist
- Which states have the most racism
- Are webinars really good for lead generation?
- Building a wall will keep immigrants away
- Which companies are successfully using employee referral programs?
- Is it possible to buy marijuana online?
- In layman's terms, what is a Lagrange
- Are monoclonal antibodies considered to be immunoglobins
- Means eternity forever
- How is a paradox resolved
- People eat bear meat
- What is a hydrostatic paradox
- How do I score 339 in GRE
- What is the best decade in life
- How do you meet sales projections
- What are some myths about healthy living
- Why are my Amazon orders being canceled
- Where can I sell digital artwork online
- How do you stay so clean
- Why are there arguments against religious freedom
- What is your opinion on games
- How can selfishness be good
- What is the answer 24 units
- What are the common properties of physics
- What is the positive about relationships
- Why should you delete a comment?
- How to Sell on Flipkart
- How do I hit my narcissistic father
- What is a question that only you can answer
- Make introverts good lawyers
- How do I avoid my relatives
- Do you speak English in Asia?
- What is your most important human right