Reading improves your speaking in English
Here's how to improve your English by listening
We all know how young children learn a language. Before they even speak their first words, they listen to their parents and gradually get used to the language. It is more difficult for adults to learn a foreign language, but it is still possible. A great way to improve your English is through active listening.
In order to develop a good listening comprehension and learn to speak fluently, you should listen to as many audio recordings as possible and watch many videos (e.g. dialogues, thematic texts or stories). It is often worth listening to the conversation more than once.
Audio recordings and videos with English subtitles are ideal. That way you can listen while reading the subtitles and repeating what you are hearing. You can use any video or audio for this exercise. This method will also help you improve your pronunciation.
5 tips to improve your listening and speaking skills
Here are a few tips I'd like to share with you. They will definitely help you improve your speaking and listening skills in a foreign language.
- Listen to each sentence several times.
If you listen you should see the text and read each sentence.
- Make sure you understand each sentence. This includes pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
- Try to repeat each sentence without looking at the text (loudly) just as you hear it.
Repeating each sentence the best you can will help you remember it.
- Listen to a specific recording in sections in subsections.
For example, after reading a short section, compare it to the subtitles.
Listen to the recording in full a few times and try to summarize the gist of the conversation in a few sentences.
You can write down keywords or phrases as a general summary of the recording. This will make it easier for you to talk about the conversation later.
It is important that you compare what you say with the actual text of the recording.
Another good idea is to record yourself and then compare your recording to the recording or video. This may sound like a fun task, but it's actually worth it.
There are many English audio dialogues or recordings (fiction and factual texts), grammatical guides (dialogues and guides), and sentences on various topics with demanding vocabulary.
You can also practice your listening skills by practicing fixed sentences or phrases in English.
Use subtitled video footage to test yourself. If you read books and use audio / video materials, you will improve quickly.
Now you know how to improve your speaking skills by listening. All you need to do is get started with the above tips ASAP.
I am sure that you will be successful. Maybe not the first time, but remember: practice, practice and practice again!
"It doesn't matter how fast you're going, as long as you don't stop." - Confucius
What methods do you use to improve your speaking skills? I look forward to your answers in the comments!
- Are there easily available jobs after graduation?
- What is the best traffic for Clickbank
- Can you bring dried meat to Australia
- Is death a new beginning
- How can someone live a happy life
- What screams I'm Dutch
- Are narcissists dating narcissists?
- What are the Common Law Countries
- How many Newtons correspond to 1 Dyn
- What are some social psychological facts
- Where do neutrinos get their mass from?
- Are you underweight, overweight or average
- Why does diabetes lead to fatigue
- What is the largest Australian company
- Is it a need to be happy?
- Is the HSK 5 difficult to overtake
- What is the highest rank in Freemasonry
- How does social media affect creativity?
- Why did you leave your last job
- How did God create the universe
- What is poisonous property
- Are eating disorders real?
- What are cloud computing technologies
- How are six-packs made