What are some forms of good nutrition
Healthy eating: experts change their recommendation
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) has been recommending Germans what and how much to eat since 1956. Now the association from Bonn has reformulated its ten rules for a healthy diet.
Healthy nutrition means: Enjoying a variety of foods!
The top priority of a healthy diet is and remains: Eat varied and mainly plant-based foods. The more varied the diet, the lower the risk of deficiency symptoms.
The following applies to vegetables and fruit: five a day
The DGE has now also given more precise information on fruit and vegetables: at least three servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit every German should consume during the day. Are now also explicitly mentioned legumes like lentils, peas and beans because of the healthy fiber.
Whole grains are the best choice
In the current recommendations, the DGE recommends using cereal products always the whole grain variant to choose. These would fill you up longer and contain more nutrients than white flour products. Whole grain products also reduced the risk of "Type 2 diabetes mellitus, lipid metabolism disorders, colon cancer and cardiovascular diseases", according to the German Nutrition Society.
The advice, plenty of carbohydrates in the form of Cereal products and potatoes Consumption, however, has been deleted. Experts have long criticized that such a diet makes it difficult to lose weight and promotes diabetes.
Fish & meat in moderation
For animal foods, dairy products should still be eaten daily, but fish only once or twice a week. For meat, the DGE continues to recommend that you only eat it in moderation - no more than 300 to 600 grams per week.
Vegetable fats instead of low-fat products
The DGE advises using vegetable oils when cooking or as a spreadable fat. These provide important omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. "Hidden fats" in processed foods, on the other hand, should be avoided as far as possible.
The advice, as little fat as possible to take in and low cholesterol foods on the other hand, was deleted from the ten recommendations. The DGE thus agreed with the critics that the cholesterol ingested has only a negligible effect on the cholesterol level in the body and that fat is also important for the body because of the healthy, unsaturated fatty acids.
Reduce sugar and salt
Furthermore, the recommendation remained to avoid sweetened drinks and foods rich in salt, as too much salt can increase blood pressure.
The German Nutrition Society also recommends drinking a good 1.5 liters of water or unsweetened drinks a day. Sugary or alcoholic drinks are high in calories. In addition, alcohol promotes the development of cancer.
Another important piece of advice: enjoy your meal and take a break from time to time. Slow, conscious eating promotes enjoyment and a feeling of satiety.
Stay physically active
The DGE also recommends taking regular exercise and actively shaping everyday life: 30 to 60 minutes of moderate physical activity per day promotes health and helps maintain the desired weight.
More on the topic at GEO.de
- Asking a question shows your intelligence
- Video games promote mindfulness or thoughtlessness
- Is lupus preventable
- How is RO water good for the body
- What is the universal symbol of happiness
- How many people buy through affiliate links
- How does lack of oxygen affect protein folding
- 1 pound is how many kg
- What is the point of a personality test
- What happens if you decline a question
- Which is the most profitable retail business
- Why is life so uninteresting
- What are some career challenges for chiropractors
- Which country is best to settle in
- What do children really owe their parents?
- What should I know before going vegan
- What medical discovery has completely revolutionized the field
- Is dark matter associated with matter
- Can a finished skyscraper be built higher
- How can I train with eczema
- What do you think of a healthy life
- McChicken is the mayonnaise sauce
- What is vegan food
- How can I create a ClickBank account