What is the easiest high school AP class
American school system: Exchange student Sophia on her time in high school
Today, student Sophia reports in this guest post about the American school system and explains what you have to consider regarding your school in Germany during your student exchange in the USA. Have fun while reading!
The American school system is very different from that in Germany. My school here has over 2,500 students and a huge range of sports, clubs and subjects that we in Germany can only dream of. In my opinion, the American high school is exactly like it is depicted in the famous Hollywood films, but of course the schools are also different within the United States.
What does an average school day look like for me in the USA?
School usually starts around 8 a.m. and ends around 3 p.m. Every day you only have about 4 different subjects. Since, in my opinion, you get a lot more homework here and it is also common for the teacher to collect homework, there is also the subject “Study Hall”. This is similar to homework assistance.
The courses are relatively very large and not separated by year, that is, 9th and 12th graders can be in one course with you. In addition, the schools here are very well equipped with technology and books are used less often - I haven't even seen chalkboards.
After school is over, a wide variety of non-compulsory sports are offered. But to settle in better and make friends faster, they are highly recommended.
Will I have difficulty following lessons in the US?
No, definitely not. In my opinion, the schools here are better equipped, but the lessons are easier than in Germany. Even teaching English shouldn't be a problem, and every teacher will understand that English is not your mother tongue.
It is also the case at my school that they are not very strict about the use of cell phones, so I was always able to quickly look up missing words. and I'm always allowed to use a dictionary during tests.
Which subjects should I choose?
In my opinion, when it comes to choosing a subject, it depends very much on what your goal will be in Germany. If you don't have to repeat your class and continue with school in Germany, then I would make sure to choose many “Honor” courses or AP classes (college courses).
Although these involve a lot of homework, they are most similar to German lessons in terms of performance. If you have to repeat the class in Germany anyway, then I would recommend you to choose the simplest and most diverse classes.
For example, I only chose classes that interest me or that don't exist in Germany. Although I don't have any natural sciences or subjects that would be useful to me in Germany, I hardly have any homework and I have a lot of fun at school!
What do I have to consider for school in Germany?
In my opinion there is nothing to consider. Just enjoy your year abroad and don't worry too much about school. Of course, you can ask your friends in Germany at any time to find out which topics are currently being addressed. Otherwise, enjoy the unforgettable time abroad!
Would you like to find out more about the American school? You are guaranteed to find it in our blog post on the topic of everyday life at high school!
- What is the answer 24 units
- How do women choose male escorts?
- What causes death from COPD
- What information would you like to share
- Did you build a UFO
- Why do people like poetry
- How to convert quarts to gallons
- Drop shipping is still good for 2019
- What is china in chinese characters
- Is a submarine aircraft carrier plausible?
- Has the Labor Party outlived its purpose?
- Vietnam is misogynist
- Why would you like to visit Islamabad?
- How did you decide to be adopted?
- Do people notice my facial asymmetry
- SOAP web services are out of date
- What can I buy with Ripple XRP
- What is true romance
- How do I find AD
- How much are astrophysicists paid annually
- How do I peel almonds effortlessly?
- What is the purpose of open-carry laws?
- How many edges does a cube contain?
- How do self-defense differ from manslaughter?
- Why can't Koreans speak good English?
- Is the Bible hearsay
- Is Gloomhaven like dungeons and dragons
- What caliber is the DShK
- How can tsunamis be prevented?
- How is alcohol bad for my brain
- Are you tempted to fire a weapon?
- Which operating system does NASA use
- The liar's paradox refutes the classic logic
- How do you deal with incurable diseases alone?