Why does light not have an antiparticle?
When an electron and a positron annihilate each other, a flash of light is created, i.e. photons. But what happens when a photon hits its antiphoton?
Antiparticles are partner particles to ‘normal’ elementary particles such as the electron, which must exist due to the merging of special relativity and quantum theory in quantum field theory. An antiparticle has the same mass as the corresponding elementary particle, but the opposite charge. Charges can be the known electrical charge, but also the color charge of the strong interaction or the flavor charge of the weak interaction.
If a particle has no charge whatsoever (all charge numbers = 0), then it is accordingly its own antiparticle. The photon does not carry any form of charge, so it is its own antiparticle. Furthermore, there is no direct force or interaction between photons. For both reasons, they do not destroy each other - rays of light cross each other unhindered without noticing each other.
Alexander Westphal works in the theory group at the DESY research center. In his research he is particularly concerned with so-called inflation and examines the embedding of different inflation models in string theory, a candidate for a completely unified description of the laws of physics.
- Why is the hiring process getting ridiculous
- Can be plated silver with gold
- What is the importance of important personalities
- Eating a healthy habit
- Why should one use solar panels
- How does an ultrasonic sensor work
- How do tax increases affect poor people?
- Which is better Apple or Samsung 2
- What are the uses of search engines
- What are the disadvantages of gender equality
- What causes someone to lower their cholesterol
- Where did the peace symbol come from?
- What is the relationship between microbiology and biotechnology
- What is your analysis of my handwriting
- How do animals perceive beauty
- What better happiness is sex or meditation
- Why is Robaxin considered a narcotic
- How do you imagine your own heaven
- Where do I buy Bitcoin
- How is dark energy related to gravity?
- How can I fix a motherboard
- Are screen savers still used on PCs
- Is there a paradoxical paradox
- How do fruits and seeds develop
- Why should you move to New Zealand?
- When does stomach cancer spread?
- How much have you made with Blogger
- Do the Indians think that we are all racists
- What is com samsung android messaging
- The story itself is a mystery
- Can I swap hard drives between laptops?
- How do you stay so clean
- Why is my turtle shell turning white
- What energy is stored in the earth