Which is the best way of life
1. Keep records
Before changing your diet, write down your goals and make a contract with yourself to achieve your goal. In difficult times, this contract is a huge help in reminding you of the goal. With a food diary, you can record which foods have had a particularly good or bad influence on your well-being. You can then delete these or eat them more often. By the way: Food diaries are also available as an app with an integrated scanner to record the food. A good recommendation is the free Yazio.
2. (Small) exceptions confirm the rule
You don't have to compulsively stick to your self-imposed dietary rules. If you eat healthy and wholesome food on nine days, it is no drama to eat something less healthy on the tenth day. This may not be so good for the body, but all the more so for the head. It is important that you record the rule break in the food diary. Also, think about the product and whether there might be a way to make it yourself with healthier ingredients. A pizza made from wholemeal dough topped with fresh vegetables, for example, beats a frozen pizza by worlds!
3. Get rid of your scales
Looking at the scales is a kind of reward, especially when dieting. But even without a diet, many regularly check their weight on the scales in order to adjust their diet. What the scales ignore: With diets, weight loss eventually slows down. That frustrates many. In addition, the fluid balance fluctuates. In women, the cycle also affects weight. And: If you do more sport, the muscle mass increases and the weight even increases.
4. Weekly market instead of a supermarket
A healthy diet includes eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. You can get that in the supermarket too, but a visit to the weekly market is much more worthwhile! Regional manufacturers in particular, who can tell you something about how their products are made and give you tips for preparation, are worth their weight in gold. This motivates not only during preparation, but also for the next purchase.
5. Anticipation thanks to the seasonal calendar
Get a seasonal calendar for fruits and vegetables. With this you can see which of it is in season and which comes freshly picked from the field instead of the greenhouse. A seasonal calendar is also a great inspiration for the daily “What do I eat today?” Question. And: with the calendar you can see early on when your favorite vegetables or fruits are finally available fresh and not imported again. So you can look forward to it for several weeks! You can find a comprehensive seasonal calendar at the environmental advisory service, for example.
6. Cook together
A cooking evening together is a wonderful opportunity to meet up with friends again. Above all, however, cooking together is a wonderful source of discovering new foods and methods of preparation. So that the organization works better, you can divide the menu among the cooks: salad, main course and dessert. So everyone can take care of a recipe and the ingredients for their dish and then share their knowledge.
7. Change your diet in tandem
You can use a similar principle to cooking when switching to healthier food, but permanently. Find a nutrition partner. It's easier with a good friend, boyfriend or partner. You can give each other tips or swap new, unfamiliar foods. This increases the variety without having to make bulk purchases.
8. Bake it yourself
Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to go without tasty sweets. However, you should avoid ready-made foods from the freezer or bakery chains, as they often contain a lot of additives. Instead, buy from a whole-food baker. Or even better: try your hand at the art of baking! So you can try it out and use, for example, whole grain instead of wheat flour or agave syrup instead of sugar. What better reward can there be than putting a delicious piece of home-baked fruit cake on the plate for the guests at the weekend?
9. Water, water, water ...
Make water an integral part of your diet. In the morning, drink a warm glass of water with the juice of half a lemon right after getting up. The water stimulates the body's functions and the lemon contains many important ingredients. Drinking a lot during the day is a good way of relieving hunger. The best thing to do is to use non-carbonated water at room temperature, as the body can tolerate it best. With plenty of water, you can also easily wean yourself off less healthy drinks such as coffee, milk and especially juice and sodas. But you don't have to do without here either: just dilute sweet drinks increasingly with water.
10. Take your time
Avoid changing your diet overnight. This will give your body and your shopping habits enough time to get used to the new diet. Get to know new foods and new ways of preparing them. Slowly leave the old diet behind. Try a lot and discover how good alternatives can be.
- How many hundreds are in a million
- What foods kill breast cancer cells
- Machine learning is just glorified applied mathematics
- Will be sterling silver black
- What do conservatives have against globalism?
- Google monitors the activity of our laptops
- The Singaporeans hate communism
- What would happen if the ground just disappeared?
- Helps chia seeds in weight loss
- How efficient is the stock exchange
- Is social media cheap for advertising
- What is your favorite exercise routine
- What are the common properties of physics
- What is Jensen's inequality to explain
- How to Rent Facebook Ads
- Are devices cheaper in Singapore
- What are the cons of masturbating
- Why are you browsing Quora
- Who are famous modern artists
- What are Augustus weaknesses
- Where do cows live
- Walmart does something
- Are female exhibitionists by nature
- How do you find oil or gas
- Purposely hire psychopaths by the U.S. police force
- How is PUBG Mobile
- How much does the Apple card cost
- Should I eat back my exercise calories?
- What websites are smart people visiting
- What are the least perishable foods
- Excessive exercise can decrease longevity
- How can I join Swiggy Food Delivery
- Who Donald Trump's speechwriter