What do you think about life on Instagram
Earn money with Instagram (regardless of whether you have 1,000 or 100,000 followers)
You've probably heard stories from people who make big bucks from the photos they post on Instagram every day. You may even have looked at your own followers and thought: "I can do that too!"
Just like bloggers, YouTubers, and anyone else who has built an audience around their content, Instagrammers have reach and influence Roger that; two things that many companies don't understand.
These two things provide an opportunity for Instagrammers to develop different revenue streams; no matter whether they want to build an empire or just want to grab some pocket money and free things.
Table of Contents
- How many Instagram followers do you need to make money?
- How can I make money with Instagram?
- How much can you make on Instagram?
- How do you work with brands?
- How do you make money as an affiliate?
- How do you sell products on Instagram?
- How can I sell my photos online?
1. How many Instagram followers do you need to make money?
If you're wondering how many followers you can earn money from, the short answer is: "Less than you think."
The long answer depends on several factors:
- What niche are you in and how well does that niche fit into a product category (fashion, food, beauty, and fitness are popular niches if you go by hashtags).
- How engaged are your followers (100,000 fake followers don't do much).
- Which income opportunities are particularly appealing to you.
Of course, the more committed followers, the better.
Top Instagrammers can make thousands per post, but even 1,000 dedicated followers can make some money. Depending on which niche you are in and how you earn money on Instagram, you can calculate different amounts of income per post.
Create your own online shop and use it to sell on Instagram! Try now for 14 days free of charge.
2. How can I make money with Instagram?
- Sponsored posts from brands that your followers want to see.
- Become an affiliate and earn a commission when other branded products are sold.
- Creating and selling a (digital) product or a paid service.
- Sell your photos.
But can you get rich with Instagram?Popular influencers like Cristiano Ronaldo (190 million followers), Kylie Jenner (150 million followers) or Jehave Brown (80,000 followers) earn several thousand to one million dollars per post. With such a wide reach and dedicated followers, you can actually get rich. But Instagram is also a job with a lot of work behind it. You have to build up a solid follower base and make companies aware of you so that you can earn something with those posts or design and offer your own products.
Alisa Jahnke built the incredibly successful jewelry startup PURELEI in Mannheim. In our podcast, she reveals how her influencers helped.
3. How much can you earn on Instagram?
In general terms, the more followers a company is willing to pay for a sponsored post, the higher the amount. With an Instagram money calculator you can calculate the estimated income that your account would currently receive per post. Evaluations of influencer platforms also show that profiles with 2,000 to 5,000 followers earn an average of $ 137 per post.
Of course, your income also depends on what sources of income you use. While influencers receive between USD 200 and USD 500 per post (including free products), the commissions as an affiliate are much more different and depend on the affiliate program. If you sell your own products, merchandise or services, you set the prices yourself.
Free and Exclusively for You: The Shopify Starter Guide (40-page Ebook)
The step-by-step instructions show you how to set up your online shop!
Get started with your shop now. The ** free ebook ** comes straight to your inbox. Enter your email below.
Your download is just one click away. Quickly fill out this field and you will receive your document immediately.
We hate spam and will never give your details away.
Thanks for your registration. You will soon be receiving free tips and resources. In the meantime, you can try Shopify for free for 14 days.
4. How do you work with brands?
An influencer is basically anyone who has built a reputation for doing cool things online and sharing them. For their audience, influencers are role models, trendsetters and experts whose opinions on certain topics are respected.
Many brands cannot keep up and are looking for influencers as partners to bring products to their followers via sponsored posts.
Brands don't just want the size and reach of their Instagram accounts, however. They want your audience's trust.
It can be quite difficult to keep your balance, generate income as an influencer and at the same time remain a trustworthy Instagrammer, but as long as you don't need the money you have earned to live, you can be picky and sometimes reject collaborations. Brands do that too.
Reading tip: Learn from one of the biggest influencers in Germany! You can read here how Dagi Bee got off to a flying start as an influencer and finally built her own brand.
How to decide what to charge as an influencer
As a rule, influencer cooperations involve the creation of content, i.e. posts or videos, which the brands can then use on their pages and for advertising.
Most of these collaborations are freely negotiable and can span a single post or an entire campaign. In return there is a fee, free product, service, gift, publicity or a combination of these things.
Remember that you not only create content, but also grant usage rights and offer access to your followers, and that on one of the most popular social media platforms these days.
In a poll of 5,000 influencers, around 42 percent said they charge $ 200 to $ 400 per post. Most of the time, you reckon with earnings of $ 4- $ 13 per post per 1,000 followers. Now you already know what brands are willing to pay and what you can offer these brands.
Free webinar: Your own online shop in 30 minutes
Do you want to see for yourself how quickly you can set up a shop?
The Shopify expert and passionate shop owner Adrian Piegsa shows you how to register, link a domain, select products and, of course, implement all legal requirements.Join for free
How to find brands to partner with
If you're big enough, the brands will most likely find you. But of course you can also look for brands that are completely in line with your personality and values, so your followers won't even think that you are "selling".
You can write to the brands directly and offer them a deal, but you can also register on one of the many influencer marketplaces.
- Shoutcart: Sell a "shout out" to your followers, no matter how many followers you have.
- Fohr Card: Register your Instagram, blog, YouTube channel and other social platforms to create an influencer card. This shows your different profiles and your reach so that brands can find you. You also get access to a list of brands and their wishes, so you can take the initiative and address them.
- Grapevine: If you have 5,000 or more followers, you can register on the Grapevine marketplace and find suitable brands.
- Crowd Tap: Create smaller content projects to earn rewards. This works especially well if you don't have that many followers. However, so far only in the USA.
- indaHash: Brands introduce campaigns that you can participate in. You simply post a picture on Instagram with certain hashtags and get paid, but you need at least 700 followers.
There are different rules when it comes to sponsored posts. Nevertheless, in order not to gamble away the trust of your audience, you should always add a hashtag #sponsored if it is a sponsored post. And one more thing to reassure you: 69 percent of influencers stated in a survey that that transparency regarding their collaborations had no impact on how customers perceived them.
You can find examples of sponsored posts and see how Instagrammers incorporate brands into their stories by searching for #sponsored on Instagram. How He Asked, for example, is an account that publishes wedding stories and cooperates with a jeweler:
5. How do you make money as an affiliate?
Unlike an influencer, an affiliate is more interested in generating sales (and not just attention) because there is a commission for that.
A trackable link or promo code is typically used to ensure that clicks actually lead to sales. Since Instagram currently does not allow links outside of the profile, you can only use one trackable link at a time. This makes promo codes a better option for Instagram as you can incorporate them into a post.
Important: If you have a verified account or at least 10,000 followers, you can add swipe-up links to your Instagram Stories, which should open up further opportunities for you as an influencer.
Reading tip: If you are still missing followers for swipe-up links, our article will show you tools and apps that will take your Instagram business to a new level and bring more followers.
Consider writing to the many online retailers that have affiliate programs that you can join. You can of course also explore popular marketplaces:
- ClickBank: An affiliate platform with various commissions that anyone can participate in.
- RewardStyle: A fashion and lifestyle influencer network that you have to be invited to, but that pays a 20 percent commission.
- Amazon's Affiliate Program: A popular option that pays a 10 percent commission.
With this information you can roughly calculate what income you can expect on Instagram. Although it sounds like a math problem, affiliate marketing is also an art, and you have a better chance of success if you follow a strategy and add a website and other marketing channels to your online presence.
tip: Affiliate links can be long and ugly, so we recommend a URL shortener like bit.ly, especially if the link goes on your Instagram profile.
6. How do you sell products on Instagram?
So far, it might sound like the only way to make money on Instagram is to "sell" yourself and work with brands.
Instagrammers are also in a good position to sell their own products. Goods, services or digital: anything can become part of your online personality. This is how you build a business around your followers.
You need to invest some time in advance. Nowadays, however, it is quite normal to go from being creative to being entrepreneur.
Check out one of the biggest Instagram dog preneurs of the day, Doug the Pug.
Would you like more inspiration? These 20 Shopify examples from Germany, Austria and Switzerland have built great online shops!
If you're just selling your products, you don't have to worry about how to incorporate other brands' messages into your posts. It's even better: you can print your own logo on the products you sell.
In 30 minutes to the first sale with Facebook & Instagram Ads
In this webinar you will learn how to set up the Facebook Business Manager and create your own advertising account. You will also learn everything about funnel formation and the right target group approach in order to create the perfect advertising campaigns for your Shopify shop.Join for free
Fans can show their affection and support you by buying your products. It also feels pretty good.
There are a couple of ways to do this:
You can use a print-on-demand service to print and mail your own t-shirts, pillows, coffee mugs, posters, and more.
You can sell services like photo sessions or consulting services by using your bio to post your email address or a link to the website.
You can sell digital products like courses, ebooks, or design templates.
You can use your Instagram account to start a business selling your original products or even a book.
If you plan to sell multiple items in your Shopify store, you can also make your Instagram loadable with apps like Four Sixty or Showcase. Everything is integrated, from the Instagram post to the finished product.
7. How can I sell my photos online?
Someone could become famous on Twitter by telling jokes 140 characters long. Instagram, on the other hand, is essentially a photo sharing app. And photos are assets that can be licensed, printed, and sold in a variety of ways.
If you came to Instagram through photography, you can list your photos on marketplaces like 500px or Twenty20. You can license brands and publishers there.
However, you can also sell your photos as prints and on other products as described in the previous section. With service providers like Printful and Teelaunch you can print your photos on posters, mobile phone cases, pillows and much more. The companies take care of shipping and customer care. All you have to do is take care of the sale.
Your own print-on-demand business in 30 minutes
In this compact tutorial you will learn how to start your own shop and sell your designs - without having to buy inventory beforehand! We'll also tell you how to make your shop legally secure and how to market it.Join for free
A good example is Daniel Arnold, who, according to the Forbes interview, "ate toast three times a day" because he couldn't afford anything else. Now he earns up to $ 15,000 a day with his sometimes controversial photos. If there is already demand for your products, it is up to you to enable your audience to buy your photos.
Do it for Instagram (and get paid for it)
What started as a hobby - making people laugh, posting silly dog pictures - can quickly become an opportunity to make money and maybe even get rich with an engaged audience on Instagram.
- Do I need a landing page
- How can math graduates work at NASA
- Did Roman soldiers ever take leave?
- Where in Singapore did you live
- What are some interesting machine learning algorithms
- How are cartridges replaced after they have burned
- What can keep us healthy longer?
- Which fruits should be avoided during pregnancy?
- Which healthy foods can you maize?
- Can I be a non-certified personal trainer?
- Why is Jupyter Notebook so popular
- What is Nauru
- TypeScript will be replaced by ES6
- Where is Nauru
- Was J Edgar Hoover a bad man
- What are AAA Mortgage Loans
- Idle is really the healthiest Indian breakfast
- Should I invest in cryptocurrencies?
- Which is the most dangerous place in the world
- Is life insurance really necessary
- How can I rule Quora
- How does sin affect life expectancy?
- Why do we shop
- Why doesn't Valve develop a half-life 3
- Where do you keep the Apple card
- What can we describe with the Googolplex
- Eating disorders are a choice
- Which vitamin can you take for memory
- How can I clean marble floors
- Sissy Maids are in short supply
- What is meant by 50 caliber
- How many companies are there in the US?