How do I install WordPress on DreamHost
DreamPress WordPress Hosting Overview
We love sharing the latest and greatest WordPress hosting options on the web. That's why we have to introduce you to DreamPress. DreamPress is the managed WordPress hosting offered by DreamHost with great features perfect for any blogger or small business. Click the button or read on to find out more about DreamHost. Oh, and now you can get DreamHost Shared Hosting for just $ 5.95 / month (that's a 33% discount!) With the code WPEXPLORER33.
DreamHost web hosting
Why choose DreamHost?
We know there are a ton of hosting companies to choose from and it can be very difficult to find the right one for you. Well, DreamHost could be perfect. Founded in 1997 in a dormitory, DreamHost is now home to more than 1.5 million websites. Their years of service have focused on service, safety, fun, and flexibility, and it clearly works for them.
Web hosting options
One of the most important things to consider when choosing the right host for you is finding a plan that suits your needs. You want a plan that has the features that you will be using. Unless you know anything about servers, you should probably get shared or managed hosting. But if you know a server and really want to get your hands on it, maybe you can go for a VPS or a dedicated server. DreamHost offers many plans for a number of hosting needs:
Shared hosting: Great for blogs, portfolios, small businesses, and other new websites
Managed WordPress Hosting: Especially for websites that run on WordPress
Managed VPS hosting: Powerful enough for businesses, stores, developers, and more
Dedicated servers: Fully managed and ready for high traffic websites
Of course, each of these hosting options come with different service levels so you can scale up as your hosting needs increase.
Web hosting features
At the same time, DreamHost has great features for all customers. Regardless of the plan you choose, some of the hosting features DreamHost is sure to enjoy include:
- Switchboard: The DreamHost control panel is the command center of your property. You can manage your account, view your domains, add or delete users, and even access your facilities with one click. At the same time, there are plenty of other useful quicklinks for email, VPS, dedicated servers, billing, support, and more.
- 1-click installer: This is standard on most web servers and makes it easier to install WordPress (or any other platform). Do not log in via FTP. There are no discharge zippers. Just click the button, wait a few minutes, and you're good to go.
- Great support technicians: Who doesn't want helpful support? If you're working on your website and run into a problem, it is good to know that there are well-informed people that you can turn to for help.
- Mobile Website Builder: This feature developed by DudaMobile allows you to create a version of your website for mobile devices (instead of just using a responsive website template).
- Cafe Commerce Incorporation: Creating an online store is a great way to make a little extra money. While you can always use a plugin like WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads, DreamHost is also fully compatible with Cafe Commerce, so you have plenty of options for creating shopping.
- Automated malware analysis: Malware is no good, and DreamHost runs its own automated scans to keep malware at bay.
- CloudFlare onboarding: A good CDN can help reduce your page load time for visitors from all over the world, and Cloudflare is one of the best out there.
- 100% availability guarantee: In a perfect world, your website would never stop working and DreamHost wants your hosting experience to be as perfect as possible. They have a 100% availability guarantee (but of course your server may be down for a few minutes due to maintenance, software updates, etc., but most hosts will notify you in advance).
WordPress hosting managed by DreamPress
If you didn't already know, we love WordPress. Because of this, we couldn't wait to learn more about DreamPress, DreamHost's fully managed WordPress hosting plan (which is currently 20% off and is only $ 19.95 per month). DreamHost became a WordPress partner in 2005 and since then they have hosted over 750,000 WordPress sites. Here's an overview of what's included in your powerful DreamPress hosting:
- Automatic WordPress installation: Forget the 1-click installation - with DreamPress, WordPress is already installed for you.
- Automatic WordPress updates: DreamPress is all about making it easy to host your website so that important WordPress updates are done for you. So don't worry about going on vacation or running errands. DreamPress keeps your version of WordPress up to date.
- Optimized hosting configuration: Servers are complicated, and if you don't know what they're doing, try changing the settings yourself. Leave it to the professionals who configured each DreamPress server primarily for WordPress.
- WP-CLI installed: For advanced users, having WP-CLI already installed makes it easy to use developer-friendly command line prompts right out of the box.
- VPS and MySQL managed servers: Yes, managed hosting. As mentioned earlier, you don't have to worry about your servers at all. DreamHost does it all for you.
- Web-based control panel: This is the same control panel we mentioned earlier, which is where you can manage everything related to your DreamPress hosting plan.
- Competent WordPress support: When asking a question, it's important to ask the right person. With the DreamHost team of WordPress experts, you can ask any questions you might have and know you're getting a great answer.
- Compatible with any theme / plugin: You read well, every topic, every addition. There are literally unlimited combinations. So, if you have a fantastic theme or plugin that you would love to use, you shouldn't have a problem installing it on DreamPress.
- Lacquer caching: CloudFlare is great, but varnish caching adds even more performance-enhancing caching to your site. This HTTP accelerator helps DreamPress servers serve their websites twice!
- Automatic daily backups: Backups are an essential part of any WordPress security scheme. Since this is such an important factor, DreamHost has added these features to its DreamPress plans.
- Optional backup in DreamObjects Cloud: This is a premium feature that you can add for a fee: a secure cloud environment to store those daily backups.
- Unlimited storage space / bandwidth: You've seen this one before (I'm sure of it), and like many other hosts and hosting plans, DreamPress makes sure you can use as much storage and bandwidth as you need. Certainly within reason (if you have a busy website you need to expand your plan).
- Unlimited emails: Some managed hosting plans don't include this, but we're glad DreamPress did. If you want to run your business website on DreamPress, it is imperative to create professional email accounts for each of your employees.
Very nice list of features, right? DreamPress is based on the Virtual Private Servers (VPS) managed by DreamHost and is ready to use right out of the box. DreamPress servers are preconfigured to use the best options for WordPress so you don't have to mess around with server settings.
Additionally, they've added a layer of varnish caching (plus the Varnish HTTP Purge plugin) to boost your website's performance. And don't worry, any theme or plugin will work with DreamPress (including the Total Theme Tour itself). So the appearance of your website is entirely up to you. Now you have an idea of what DreamPress is!
Just a few thoughts
DreamPress has a lot going for it, but there are only a few features that I use regularly that are currently unavailable. The first is Multisite Support for. For most people, that's not a big problem. If you run one or more blogs or businesses on WordPress, all you need to do is purchase a separate hosting plan for each website.
The other missing feature is a Staging Zone. I really hope DreamHost has this in the works. Personally, I've found staging areas useful for a number of purposes. One of the most important is testing updates (especially for WordPress and WordPress themes). But for most users (who aren't as skeptical about updates as I am) they probably won't miss the staging area very much.
Other than that, DreamPress has everything a WordPress user could need, even built-in caching. Oh, and unlike many other managed WordPress hosting plans out there, DreamPress doesn't have any blacklisted WordPress plugins that you can't use (at least not that I can find). Some web servers have a list of prohibited plugins to avoid duplicate functions. But with DreamPress they kept their settings pretty clean, so if you really want to use BackWPup or YARPP go ahead.
We hope you enjoyed our insight into DreamPress! This seems like a solid WordPress hosting option, and DreamHost has added some great features to make setting up your WordPress site easy. If you've used DreamHost or DreamPress, please let us know what you think below. We'd love to hear from real users how your hosting works!
- Are pathological liars dangerous people
- Machine learning is easy with Python
- How does an ultrasonic sensor work
- What is the best Rolex watch model overall
- Is Lord Shiva in Mecca
- What does the symbol 28
- How much does a bubble tea cost
- Why is GEICO bad
- What are the disadvantages of fossil fuels
- Gravity creates a singularity
- What is the formula for cellular respiration
- Prevents fat from rusting
- Where can I get freelance copywriting jobs
- Why is pedophilia considered bad
- How far does light move
- Is Mark Zuckerberg a bad person
- What are social media tactics
- Take a turtle bite
- It's nothing paradoxical
- Might defeat Madara Yamcha in battle
- Are football and soccer the same?
- How do I play a software
- Check your partner's phone
- Why aren't all smart people wealthy?