What are the top 10 tech companies
The 5 largest high-tech companies in the world
Large technology companies like Apple & Co not only shine again and again with new innovations that change everyday life, but also create many jobs. In Germany alone, 63% of companies in the IT and telecommunications industry want to hire new employees this year, according to the industry association BITKOM,
But technology companies not only offer excellent career opportunities for job seekers, investors can also benefit from the strong growth of high-tech companies, because the top 5 largest technology companies in the Fortune 500 are now generating sales in the three-digit billion range.
5. IBM (revenue: $ 80 billion)
With annual sales of nearly $ 80 billion and more than 414,000 employees, IBM continues to grow. IBM is also the third largest software manufacturer in the world.
IBM, based in Armonk / USA, has dominated the list of companies with the most patents for years. The company is led by Virginia Rometty, who, to the delight of investors, is forecasting a profit of at least US $ 20 per share for 2015.
4. Microsoft (revenue: $ 85 billion)
The computer company Microsoft, founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen, should be known to everyone. However, Apple is increasingly competing with Microsoft when it comes to computers, with the company only making it to fourth place.
Nevertheless, an annual turnover of 85 billion US $ can be seen. Microsoft has over 114,000 employees and is based in Redmond, Washington.
3. Alphabet (revenue: $ 90 billion)
Alphabet holding is best known for its subsidiary Google. Alphabet was founded in 2015 by the founders of Google Larry Page and Sergey Brin, who now run the holding as CEO and President. The company's headquarters are in Mountain View, California (USA).
In 2016, Alphabet generated sales of US $ 90 billion (20.4% more than in the previous year) and a profit of US $ 19 billion (19.1% more than in the previous year).
2. Amazon (Revenue: $ 136 billion)
Amazon recently suffered a lot of setbacks. These include the ongoing competition with Microsoft for the cloud services business or the week-long strikes due to the working conditions at the corporate giant.
Nevertheless, the company posted sales of US $ 136 billion and made it onto the podium - albeit not in first place.
1. Apple (revenue: $ 215 billion)
The computer pioneer Apple was founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne. The first personal computer (Macinstosh) appeared in 1984 - a milestone in the computer industry. The company's breakthrough came with the return of Steve Jobs and the launch of the iPod music player in 2001.
The introduction of the iTunes Store in 2003 established the company's rise to become the world's largest music retailer. In 2007, Apple practically reinvented the cell phone industry and launched the iPhone. Today, the iPhone is responsible for the majority of Apple sales and ensured that Apple is now the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world with more than 116,000 employees.
Wall Street - Tech under pressure! The short on the Nasdaq100 got off to a good start. Missed the trading idea? Again, all parameters at a glance: Start: 04/14/2021 WKN: KE4RGB Start price: 2.57 euros Stop loss: 1.91… ›read more
- Are there ancient forests in Europe?
- What's wrong with introversion
- What are you doing differently today
- What is the Hindi meaning of stress
- Chinese men are macho
- How will AI change educational inequality
- How does your company deal with customer support
- Is Godaddy reliable
- Why are developers still using iframes
- Is spelling and grammar important for engineers
- Does ginger ale really contain ginger
- How safe is Budapest
- Is there a universal symbol for life
- Which country has the simplest monetary system?
- How does BigRock compare to GoDaddy
- Is Perth a good city to live in
- What is the importance of computer graphics
- Is Payoneer good
- Promotions are hard to come by at Walmart
- What is your passion besides work
- Sugary beverages cause cancer
- Which factors influence the confidence interval
- What is the most senseless invention of mankind
- How Junk Foods Cause Obesity