What is offline shopping
Shopping atmosphere is the most important reason for offline shopping
Shortly before the ISE, Mood Media will present the new global study "Elevating the Customer Experience": The Impact of Sensory Marketing "examines the attitudes of consumers to in-store experiences and the effects on shopping behavior. Specifically, the report found that 78 percent of shoppers worldwide say that a comfortable in-store atmosphere is a key factor in their decision to choose physical stores rather than e-commerce. For the purposes of this report, a pleasant store atmosphere is considered to be the right combination of music, visuals and scent.
invidis will discuss the results of the study with Trey Courtney (SVP / Global Chief Product Officer) from Mood Media at DSS ISE 2019 on February 6, 2019. invidis readers can get conference tickets for only 175 EUR (net) with codeDSS3048235
Further findings from the Mood Media study:
- Combating the online effect: 78 percent of shoppers state that a pleasant atmosphere in the store is a key factor in the decision to shop in brick-and-mortar stores and not online. (The preference is highest in Spain, 89 percent of buyers prefer to buy in brick-and-mortar stores).
- Influence of music: Music is the most important factor in improving the mood of customers in the store. For 85 percent of the 10,000 consumers surveyed worldwide, music has an overall positive impact. However, the choice of music plays a decisive role: more than half (57 percent) of buyers do not feel addressed when brands play a subjectively poor music mix.
- Promotion of behavior change: The combination of music, images and scents increases the length of stay in the store, with 75 percent of consumers saying that they stayed longer in a store if such sensory experiences were offered in the store.
- Customer loyalty: Nine out of ten consumers chose to return to a store because they enjoyed the combination of music, visuals and scents.
- Fragrance Psychology: Every second consumer worldwide says that a good smelling company “lifts my spirits”.
- The power of the image: Over half (58 percent) of consumers worldwide say that appealing digital signage content has a positive effect on their purchase.
- The importance of interaction and personalization: The ability to touch, feel and try out different products or services is cited as the biggest driver behind the fact that consumers are more likely to want to buy something when shopping in stores (56 percent). More than a third of global consumers (38 percent) say “the feeling that the experience is personal to me” makes them more likely to buy something that was the second biggest driver.
The new study was conducted by market researchers at Walnut Unlimited for Mood Media and included more than 10,000 consumers in 10 countries worldwide including Australia, Benelux, China, France, Germany, Spain, the UK and the US.
In addition to examining current changes to “impressions and expectations of consumers in stationary retail”, the 2019 study examines the influence of the atmosphere of offline stores - including sensory elements - on the overall shopping experience and the reasons for certain customer behavior. The study also examined customer experiences in six selected retail sectors: banks, beauty, fashion, groceries, pharmacies and quick service restaurants (QSR).
- Dental assistants can become dentists
- Who makes the best portable solar panels
- What is your favorite pie crust recipe
- How was Donald Trump's childhood
- Will homeopathic medicine restore an esophageal stricture
- Are Chinese noodles vegan
- Is the repair of a driveway worth the cost
- What is the future of drug discovery
- Works funnel marketing
- What was the first gun you owned
- Tamil is the mother tongue in the world
- Can a particle exist without energy
- Why do we ban junk food
- How could the Roman Republic have survived?
- Narcissists are compulsive liar
- How do you measure customer loyalty
- What is the best multilingual e-commerce platform
- How to say division in Mandarin
- Which countries owe the US money
- What do you think about eating disorders
- How do I improve data science skills
- Real women like sissies
- What do I need to start streaming