How is 1 0 equal
Reading time: 4 min
The question about the result of “zero to the power of zero” () cannot be answered unequivocally.
Here are some considerations about this issue:
because for every number the following applies: (see also principle of permanence)
because for zero to the power of a number, the result is zero:
Not defined, because both variants 1 and 2 create a contradiction, i.e. there is no uniqueness, which is problematic in mathematics. Incidentally, this will also be the reason why many pocket calculators input or output at.
The answer is often found:
Use what makes sense for the math problem at hand.
It is often useful to use.
There is a variety of literature on this and, as I said, you encounter different approaches. In computer science, for example, prevailed. For fun you can test it yourself and enter 0 ^ 0 in Google.
If we write and use the power law, the result is:
It must therefore apply:
So the question arises, which number multiplied by itself results in itself? Here we can think of two numbers for which this is possible:
Solved in general:
So we see that there are two solutions with and.
Basically, however, is preferable. If we chose, new problems would arise in higher mathematics.
Approach via limit values
The consequence has the limit, there
The consequence has the limit value.
The sequence also has the limit value for each zero sequence.
The above is not proof of the correctness of the definition, but shows essential cases for which applies.
goes against, even though and each time against.
Wolframalpha defines zero to the power of zero as "undefined".
- What are people beginning to forget today
- What is a B2C hotel booking system
- Why is Kyrie Irving called Uncle Drew
- Is highly curable
- Are the dormitories at Harvard air-conditioned
- What is another word for church?
- What drugs are illegal in each country
- Why is Obamacare currently failing
- Which number is higher than 8 or 9
- What is the best WordPress hosting site
- Which country has the best government Why
- Why was the Holy Roman Empire founded?
- Does Chyawanprash really help in boosting immunity
- What was Immanuel Kant's view of life?
- How do deductible co-payments and co-insurance work
- What are gluten-free cakes
- How long does a diabetic develop complications
- Which is better WhatsApp or Instagram Why
- Is math a science?
- What are the principles of Epicureanism
- What is the best middle school
- If there is no Brexit in the Brexit election
- Are there solutions to Zeno paradoxes
- The forgiveness of sin perpetuates sin