AirPods work on airplanes
AirPods Max: Apple's first "real" headphones can do that
With AirPods Max, Apple introduces the first over-ear headphones with Bluetooth. At a price of just under 600 euros, they offer technology such as noise suppression (ANC), an adaptive equalizer and 3D audio. Even Apple Watch technology can be found.
- With AirPods Max, Apple introduces the brand's first over-ear headphones with Bluetooth.
- Adaptive EQ, ANC, digital crown, 3D audio and the H1 chip are supposed to create "a whole new listening experience".
- The price of the AirPods Max is just under 600 euros. However, there are already delivery bottlenecks.
After the iPhone 12, Apple Watch Series 6, new iPads, HomePod Mini and the M1 MacBooks, Apple's AirPods Max studio headphones are likely to be the last new hardware from Apple in 2020. A lot has been speculated and written about the headphones under the name "AirPods Studio". Still, there are surprises, such as the digital crown. The price is salted with 600 euros - if you want to hear our opinion on the pricing of the Apple AirPods Max, then take a quick turn here.
- Thanks to ANC, the AirPods Max are suitable for the open-plan office, train and plane
- 3D audio: motion sensors track your headbanging
- Adaptive equalizer and H1 chip
- Battery life of 20 hours
- If the battery breaks: That's how expensive it is to change
- Buy Apple AirPods Max: price and availability
Thanks to ANC, the AirPods Max are suitable for the open-plan office, train and plane
We already know the "Digital Crown" from the Apple Watch. Now Apple is installing them in headphones. That makes sense, because volume or scrolling through tracks can be done intuitively. You can also call up Siri using the crown.
Apple AirPods Max
The Transparency mode however, is known from the AirPods Pro. Other headphones, such as the comparable and much cheaper Sony WH-1000XM3 / XM4, also offer this function. At the push of a button, the headphones open the outward-facing microphones and "loop" through the ambient noise. The transparency mode is always useful when you don't remove the headphones but want to follow ambient noises, such as announcements in the train station, at the same time.
Apple took the first foray into the ANC world with the AirPods Pro. The in-ear headphones surprised us in the test with an Active Noise Canceling (active noise cancellation, ANC), which set a new benchmark. Our expectations of the ANC of the Apple AirPods Max are correspondingly high.
3D audio: motion sensors track your headbanging
The 3D sound should come into its own when playing movies. Acceleration and motion sensors track your head movements in order to customize the sound.
The effect can also be experienced with the AirPods Pro since an update. It is roughly comparable to what we know from a HiFi setup in 5.1 surround mode. If we move our head to the left, although someone is speaking in the center of the picture, the sound from the right headphone is stronger than from the left. 3D audio lets you dive deeper into the action.
Adaptive equalizer and H1 chip
Apple installs a driver with a diameter of 40 millimeters in each auricle, which is in line with the class average. A special feature of the AirPods Max, however, is that there is an H1 chip developed by Apple in each auricle.
In conjunction with an adaptive equalizer, this ensures that, according to Apple, the sound is individually adjusted for each ear. The H1 chip also makes the initial setup easier. You simply hold the Apple headphones on your iPhone - the rest should run automatically and you don't have to set up a Bluetooth connection separately.
Battery life of 20 hours
The battery life of the Bluetooth headphones is specified by Apple as up to 20 hours when functions such as 3D audio and noise canceling are used.
ANC headphones in the test: the best models with noise canceling in comparison
In addition, the AirPods Max support "automatic switching". Music can be "passed on" quickly and easily from iPhone, iPad or Mac.
If the battery breaks: That's how expensive it is to change
At some point, the AirPods Max battery won't last forever. If this happens, you cannot change the battery yourself, you have to visit the Apple Store.
In this article we will tell you how expensive it is to replace the battery in the AirPods Max. You will also find out how much money Apple will have to pay for the extended warranty and accessories such as jack cables.
Buy Apple AirPods Max: price and availability
You can pre-order the AirPods Max from Apple now. The price is 597.25 euros. The over-ear headphones are available in gray, silver, green, blue and pink. A transport case is included in the scope of delivery.
If you order now, you can expect delivery by December 23rd. Experience has shown that this changes quickly. For example, the HomePod Mini sold out shortly after the announcement. You can find our current test winner among the noise canceling headphones in our comparison test.
" Tip:The best VPN providers for more security and data protection
- Which country has the strictest gun laws?
- How does pancreatic cancer feel?
- What is gravitational force
- What is the most produced weapon of all time
- What makes a person successful
- What is sampling
- What is the standard of living in Singapore
- Why do so many Singaporeans work abroad
- What is 10 2 4
- Menswear tips for teenagers
- What is the real rate of inflation
- What are the least perishable foods
- What's wrong with introversion
- Are homeless people happy
- How is it that photons carry light?
- What can we learn from Garrick Saito
- Which schools offer the best degrees online
- Are we all related by blood
- What's your rating of Freelancer com
- What is pancreatic cancer
- What do you want right now 1
- How do you sell a product
- How can you win money easily
- Which country has the most violent past?