Why do blood platelets have no DNA
Platelets multiply by themselves
Since the platelets do not have a nucleus and? apart from the genetic material in your cell power plants, the mitochondria? do not have DNA, they have so far been denied the ability to reproduce. However, when Schwertz and his colleagues observed isolated blood platelets in the laboratory, they were surprised: after just six hours in the culture bottle, around five percent of the platelets formed long, thread-like growths on which new cells grew like pearls on a string. These new platelets did not differ in size or biochemical properties from the parent cells, further tests showed. Their functionality also seemed to be completely identical. In addition, the new platelets formed not only under the original laboratory conditions, but also in a whole blood container and even in platelet samples that had been stored for a long time and were intended for a transfusion.
The researchers have not yet been able to prove that platelet replication also takes place in the bloodstream itself. However, they think this is very likely as the same phenomenon occurred under very different conditions. It would also explain how the very limited number of hematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow manage to maintain the large platelet population in the blood.
- Smarter people have bigger eyes
- How do I become a fast runner
- Where can I buy an M16 rifle
- Why are you so beautiful
- Why are young people allowed to buy weapons?
- How would a photon describe the universe
- When does digital marketing lead the marketing strategy?
- How to download videos from XVideos
- Why are Singaporeans so bad at athletics
- What should a beginner know before rowing
- Why are my comments disabled
- What are data center cages and cabinets
- White quartz is valuable
- Do you feel bad for pedophiles?
- How do I get real Adderall online
- Is it worth paying for Instagram promotions
- What are the dimensions of a point
- Will Trump block military aid to Ukraine?
- What do Tamils think of Sanskrit
- Is the Mora Robust a good knife?
- What is project based learning
- How many strange places are there on earth
- Why do some questions have no answers
- Are 1 3 relatively prime numbers