Creativity means intelligence
Authors: Mathilde Schifferl & Patricia Turner
Keywords related to intelligence and creativity
Intelligence is a relatively uniform ability to achieve intellectual performance. However, this ability is an abstraction derived from observed behavior.
Intelligence tests measure e.g. ...
... the understanding of the meaning of words, the knowledge of words and their meaning, as well as their use in conversation; the rapid production of words; numeracy; spatial imagination; the memory capacity; the speed of comparing visual configurations and reasoning.
C.E. Spearman, L.L. Thurstone and R.B. Cattel thought up Basic models for intelligence research - Spearman the general factor model, Thurstone the primary factor model and Cattell the multiple factor model.
Regarding the relationship between intelligence and the brain, it has been found that there is no relationship between intelligence and brain size. The number of neurons, the number of synapses, the number of nerve cells and their speed of performance do not play a major role either. However, it was concluded that less intelligent people activate their brains more than intelligent people. This was confirmed by both PET (positron emission tomography) and EEG examinations.
Definition of creativity by Drevdahl: "Creativity is the human ability to produce thought results of any kind, which are essentially new and were previously unknown to the person who produced them." (Roth, 1994, p.181).
Creativity and intelligence are not identical, but they are closely related to each other. American psychologists tried to determine the creativity of important people in the form of the intelligence quotient IQ. Terman developed the Binet test, which related to language and thinking skills.
J.P. Guilford expanded and changed the creativity test. In addition to the linguistic talent, the following were decisive for him: quick recognition of the problem, new idea development, flexibility of recognition, finding alternatives, unconventional thinking.
Results of previous research on the connection between creativity and intelligence have shown that intelligence takes over the basic processes in the cognitive area, creativity is responsible for the more complex tasks. (see Roth, 1994, p.183)
R.J. In their research, Sternberg and Lubart came up with 6 main elements that are decisive for creativity: intelligence, knowledge, thinking style, personality, motivation, environment. Roth points out that creative people have favorable conditions in the neural network of the prefrontal cortex and that the limbic system plays a greater role in this.
Roth, G. (2001). Feel, think, act. How the brain controls our behavior. Frankfurt a. M .: Suhrkamp.
- How did Augustus found the Roman princes?
- Uses WordPress Bootstrap
- What is your secret to avoid procrastination
- How does castration affect the male body?
- Why is apple phone so expensive
- What's your worst captured moment
- Are Karen considered Thai
- What is the deadliest mental disorder
- How do these fashion designers make money
- What does an upside down pineapple mean?
- Which countries have a high unemployment rate?
- Have you ever betrayed yourself
- Bitcoin will remain the dominant crypto currency
- You can promote affiliate products on 8chan
- Why don't some BTS fans like Jimin
- What is the difference between tariffs and tariffs
- What is the flop in poker
- How many adults are kidnapped every year
- Where is the first human civilization
- Who is a farmer
- What is an abstract vector space
- Where do you choose a blogging platform
- What happens when we play COC
- What is causing Nigeria problems